FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Critiques of Mormonism (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Critiques of Mormonism
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
quote:
Often, in the upper middle and upper class, I find a sense of importance...that same sense affords them a better knowledge of God. It doesn't radiate the same way I've seen from the lower and middle classes.
I have saved (literally) and inspired many people through my faith.

But, of course, you don't know God any better than the rich do, right?
Ther is some theological precedent for thinking that the poor have an advantage when it comes to knowing God.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
"I'm going to take your money, and you're going to *like* it"
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unicorn Feelings
Member # 11784

- posted      Profile for Unicorn Feelings   Email Unicorn Feelings         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mucus:
"I'm going to take your money, and you're going to *like* it"

"I'm going to take your rights, and you're going to *like* it."
Posts: 262 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
There is some theological precedent for thinking that the poor have an advantage when it comes to knowing God.
Sure. But whether you know God well or not, saying you know God better than somebody else makes your criticism of their hypothetical claims to know God better than you do more than a little toothless. Especially if they're just imaginary people in the first place.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.