FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Today was a very bad day. *Updated*

Author Topic: Today was a very bad day. *Updated*
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
It started out with me almost dying, my car getting totaled.

I had a nervous breakdown.

The day proceeded only to go down from there.

I'm feeling pretty hopeless, angry, and worthless at the moment.

Anyone have some cheering news?

Things are still sort of bleak, but I'm no longer in terminal doom mode.

Still lots of crud that's going wrong, but I'm daring to hope things will work out.

Thank you very much for your kind words. I really needed the boost.

[ November 15, 2008, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: Puffy Treat ]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
((((Puffy))))

I'm glad you survived. I hope tomorrow is better.

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
This should make you at least smile a little bit.
Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
And this.

Glad to hear you're okay too.

((((Puffy))))

Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Yikes! (((((Puffy)))))
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Jeez! (((Puffy)))

Um... My daughter's in the process of losing her first baby tooth?

"The Graysons" was cancelled before it began?

The new trailer suggests Fox hasn't succeeded in killing "Watchmen" yet?...

[Smile]

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Aww, Puff, I'm sorry and I hope you're ok!! [Frown]

((((Puffy))))

I don't really have any great news... it's almost Thanksgiving? It's not even 10:00 and I've been done with my homework for an hour? Umm...

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
cheer up :-)! things will get better [Razz]
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Yikes indeed!

The new Bond movie comes out tomorrow. Let Daniel Craig and an interchangeable hot Bond girl cheer you up with gagdets and chase scenes [Smile]

I'm glad you're relatively alright, considering how worse it could have been.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Your car being wrecked stinks, but you being spared is a wonderful thing. Thank G'd the harm was deflected from you and directed onto the car. This is the good news.

I am so glad to hear that you are OK and still with us. I know it is stressful, and I wouldn't want to be in your situation right now, but that you are alive and well enough to be here complaining makes me happy.

Did your airbag deploy? I've never had an airbag deploy for me. What is that like? Did the puffiness of the airbag meet the puffiness of your treat to make an extra puffy scene?

(((puffy))) (((treat)))

(You are so puffy, I couldn't get my parentheses around the whole you, so I had to parenth your different parts separately.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad you're okay. Hope your insurance is quick with restitution (or the other guy's.)

I'm glad you're still with us, your being gone would be a big loss to Hatrack. (And where would I get my movie news???)

In good news, my four year old got an achievment certificate in dance class today for learning to shimmy sham (whatever that means! It's a tap thing, I guess...)

And the other day I got incredible deals on matching dresses for all 3 girls (2 sets!) I'm looking forward to seeing them all dressed alike, it's so cute it always makes me happy.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so glad you're okay.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Puffy)))

I have the best news of all. It's a new day. [Smile]

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
All4Nothing
Member # 11601

- posted      Profile for All4Nothing   Email All4Nothing         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear a fellow Hatracker go through such a nasty experience. Been there myself.

The most uplifting new I can think of is: "The most important part of your car survived the crash, the driver".

Posts: 115 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
((Puffy))
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
((Puffy)) Everything that's currently sucking for you will pass. In the not too distant future, this period will be a bad memory.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liz B
Member # 8238

- posted      Profile for Liz B   Email Liz B         Edit/Delete Post 
((((Puffy)))

Good news, and hopeful for our nation: I had a very positive, open, and friendly political discussion with a co-worker on the opposite end of the political spectrum.

Posts: 834 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Puffy))) so glad you are okay. This will pass. Just keep repeating it to yourself. You will make it through and we will all be here to lift you up.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Puffy))) [Frown]

Glad you're still with us and (hopefully?) in one piece.

Look on the bright side, maybe you can get a better car now [Smile]

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
Puffy, I'm sorry. Bad days suck.

I'm very glad for the word almost.

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unicorn Feelings
Member # 11784

- posted      Profile for Unicorn Feelings   Email Unicorn Feelings         Edit/Delete Post 
You are now stronger and more appreciative for being alive, and your best days are ahead of you.

Success is measured by your ability to stand when you've been knocked into the dirt.

Posts: 262 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Where there is life, there is hope.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Feel better
Dir en grey has a wonderful CD out.
I recommend listening to Toguro and other assorted gentle Dir en grey songs that have some screamage.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Puffy)))

Good news, I had a an extra-large chicken and red pepper sanwhich for lunch and a book I'd ordered arrived unexpetedly.

I hope things look up very soon.

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pam Tyler
Member # 10595

- posted      Profile for Pam Tyler   Email Pam Tyler         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Puffy)))

It will get better. I am so happy to hear that you are alright (in spite of the breakdown). Sending warm thoughts your way.

Posts: 25 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, man. Puffy, you are easily one of my fav Hatrackers, you are so upbeat and positive yourself I hate to hear about you being down. [Frown]

Still, you are okay. A car is a car. You, however, are irreplaceable. I'm glad you're okay.

Things will get better - it is a new day, just like AvidReader said.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
If I could, I would send you baked goods. Specifically, banana bread. The world can't be all bad if there's warm baked goods around.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholarette
Member # 11540

- posted      Profile for scholarette           Edit/Delete Post 
Not much to say that hasn't been said- glad you weren't hurt.
Posts: 2223 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Wish you would post again, Puffy. So we can know you are okay [Frown]
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
Puffy I know you are a god, you may have not realized it yet but you are.
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.