FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » New trailer for "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince"

Author Topic: New trailer for "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince"
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
It will be attached to "Twilight" next weekend, you know, the weekend it was originally scheduled to have its own premiere.
HBP trailer on YouTube

I love the visuals. Its got this amazing feeling of EPIC-NESS! And I am SOO excited about Broadbent as Slughorn.

And I'm not sure whether to credit the filmmakers or whoever edited the trailer, but I love the pacing of the humor. I laughed out loud a few times which isn't my usual reaction to jokes in the films.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lanfear
Member # 7776

- posted      Profile for Lanfear   Email Lanfear         Edit/Delete Post 
Something about these movies just doesn't grab me anymore. I remember waiting so eagerly for the first few, and then I have just felt like "been there, done that" for the rest.

Perhaps seven movies all centered around one location is just a bit much for me?

Posts: 332 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unicorn Feelings
Member # 11784

- posted      Profile for Unicorn Feelings   Email Unicorn Feelings         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow.
Posts: 262 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lanfear
Member # 7776

- posted      Profile for Lanfear   Email Lanfear         Edit/Delete Post 
But.. I love the books. The trailer is pretty darn epic, and I will definitely see the film
Posts: 332 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
What--we have to wait until July?! That's eight long months from now! The lazy slackers!

Harry and Hermione are looking a little old for only being 16. It will only get worse when the final two movies are released at least a year or more after that (the last two movies, as I understand it, will be filmed together--though the set will not be that difficult, since most of the story takes place inside a tent).

Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
I was feeling a bit like Lanfear about the movies - I watch them but don't really care one way or other about having to see them, because they never match the book in my head.

BUT ... that trailer just gave me chills. Can't wait!

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by JennaDean:
I was feeling a bit like Lanfear about the movies - I watch them but don't really care one way or other about having to see them, because they never match the book in my head.

Nothing ever can.

Which is a good thing, especially when they do stuff like turning The Dark is Rising into The Seeker.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unicorn Feelings
Member # 11784

- posted      Profile for Unicorn Feelings   Email Unicorn Feelings         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Lambert:
What--we have to wait until July?! That's eight long months from now! The lazy slackers!

The sin is greed not sloth.

It was originally scheduled for like RIGHT NOW, but they figured they'd make more money in the summer since there won't be a ton of BIG films due to the strike.

Posts: 262 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
But time is money! If they make their money now, then they can invest it, and have even more money by next July. Besides, the original actor who played Dumbledore has already died. Who else might die, the longer they take making these films?

What big films? No films are bigger than Harry Potter!

Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Just because they are delaying the release of this one doesn't mean they are postponing the filming of the next.

I think. [Smile]

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe they were taking six months off after filming HPB, then beginning the first part of Deathly Hallows. On the 18 month plan they had been using since Chamber of Secrets, that would put release for the 7th movie as July 2010, and 8th movie in November of 2011. As it stands I don't know whether they intend to release the seventh movie in July or November of 2010, and it could be as late as July 2012. Ack can't go that long!
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
They may even be using this time to "catch up" to the film's releases. Maybe the first and second parts of DH will come out closer together.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.