FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What I'm thinking about. How about you?

Author Topic: What I'm thinking about. How about you?
Presences
Member # 8492

- posted      Profile for Presences           Edit/Delete Post 
I’m thinking about...

What do you think about? List your top 5 most interesting subjects you think about.

Here is my list of what I really think about, not just fleeting thoughts.

1. Why I’m so tired during the day, but when it’s time to sleep, I cannot.

2. What can I do on the side to make more money?

3. What am I going to have for lunch?

4. I’m amazed by most of us doing simple things like obeying traffic laws, and more astonished that most of us have an incredible moral compass that we follow.

5. Honestly, I often find myself thinking about what I want to think about.

[ November 20, 2008, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: Presences ]

Posts: 82 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, number #1 is oddly similar to my life.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, me too.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting to whom?

1. Politics

2. My comic

3. Why am I so damn depressed? Oh yeah... #1...

4. The End of the World. It'd be so nice to get away from all these people... at least, until I needed a doctor. Maybe one day I'll write my end of the world novel...

5. Contingency plans... for pretty much everything...

Well... these are what's interesting to me. At least, all the non-naughty stuff.. or the stuff that's too geeky to mention.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Presences
Member # 8492

Good question. Interesting to whom? Just whatever you find most interesting...I guess.

I'd like to read the geeky stuff you didn't mention TP.

Posts: 82 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
I thinking that I need to buy more potatoes, the way my pension and investments are going. That and some spam.
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Family

2. Religion

3. Novel

4. Short stories

5. What in the world have I done to merit being such a happy guy?

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
My mind seems to be going about as fast as Hannelore's, lately.

1. Tasks to be done and errands to run today, tomorrow, this weekend... This is a massive list in and of itself.

2. Blogging. Why haven't I posted on my blog for so long? When will I get the time to post again? What topics do I want to write on first? What can I do to set up a regular schedule? Why is my blog's "personality" (see here) the exact opposite of my actual personality? What does that imply?

3. Finances. Should we start investing in the stock market now, or are things going to dip further? Invest in renovations for our house (plus it'd be nice to have some things updated)? We need to sit down and talk out short-term & long-term goals.

4. Job garbage. Things are a little wild here, since I'm a consultant in energy markets, and well, everything in the market is all over the place.

5. When can I next get some downtime to surf the net, do some quality writing, or play Fable II?

Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Why am I not researching at this very moment?!
2. What am I going to eat next?
3. Kitty!
4. I miss home.
5. I'm cold. I hate being cold.

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Why are my eyes so itchy?! Is it allergies or bad contacts? Why do I never carry travel contact cleanser in my purse?

2. Why do I carry such a big purse anyway? I inevitably lose things in it.

3. Third Eye Blind concert tomorrow night! Going by myself and I'm so excited! I've got this lyric from their new song stuck in my head "Heard any good jokes lately? Cause we sure do need them. My punk band's called 'Operation Iraqi Freedom.'"

4. Should I eat lunch now or in an hour since I don't get off work til late?

5. I really want to go out and buy Wall-E and Tropic Thunder but I should wait until after I finish my Xmas shopping. Or heck, I should wait until someone gets it for me for Xmas.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
1. I spend a lot of time thinking about how to manipulate data in relational databases. I'm pretty good at it, at least for what they pay me.

2. I think about my family a lot. I didn't have any babies growing in me, so I don't know how they got inside and flipped the "worry" switch.

3. I think about money in a vague, ineffectual way.

4. I try to think of inventions. I came up with something that'll remove the little puddles of water that get left on top of items in the top rack of the dishwasher that have concave upward facing surfaces. I don't, however, think it is a money maker. I also thought of a way to use the waste heat from internal combustion engines to help propel the vehicle. I just googled it and found out it's already been thought of: hybrid of internal combustion and cryogenic fueled pneumatic engine. (there's at least one highly similar patent application from 2 years ago)

5. I think about food, mood, and other things related to bodily urges.

Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
All4Nothing
Member # 11601

- posted      Profile for All4Nothing   Email All4Nothing         Edit/Delete Post 
1. New ideas for short stories/novels. These come outta nowhere all the time.

2. Whether I really want to go to school for writing or rough it and just write manuscripts and start sending.

3. What interesting things did those people on Hatrack come up with today?

4. How do you get rid of insomnia? Please, not again tonight...

5. When am I gonna do anything instead of nothing cause nothing is getting boring, but it's so much easier.

Posts: 115 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trent Destian
Member # 11653

- posted      Profile for Trent Destian           Edit/Delete Post 
I think about...

1.Why I'm not doing the things I like to do, while excelling in the things I hate to do.

2.Why I can say to myself, "Your wasting time, don't wait until the last minute", but not changing my actions in the least.

3.Why she thinks this is what I want and that this will last.

4.Whether or not I'm content being a ripple, instead of the rock causing it.

5.If people truly do think as much as I do, and if the little voice inside their head sounds like them.

Posts: 247 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Presences
Member # 8492

It have the impression many of us suffer from insomnia.

quote:
Originally posted by Trent Destian:
I think about...

5.If people truly do think as much as I do, and if the little voice inside their head sounds like them.

The voice inside my head has always sounded like me. Sometimes the best of me, other times the worst of me.
Presences
Member # 8492

I'm currently thinking about why my mind freezes when I have to give presentations. It's like I literally become a scatter brained George Bush, and I absolutely loath this one thing about me. I hate this weakness of mine. It will take me a few days to recover from today’s presentation.
Tara
Member # 10030

- posted      Profile for Tara   Email Tara         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Am I getting everything done that I need to get done.
2. What does my hair look like.
3. Where are my friends and what are they doing.
4. Pretending that I'm talking to friends and family members that I miss. Pretending that I'm talking to literary characters or movie characters that I wish I knew in person.
5. Sometimes I walk around imagining how myself, other people around me, and my surrondings would look like to an alien, or someone from the far distant future, or someone from the past, or my younger self, or through some specific person's eyes. This is a great exericse for when I'm bored -- you can pretty much keep it doing forever, it never gets boring. I think I got the idea from "Pastwatch."
6. Lets do the time warp again.... Lets do the time warp again....Lets do the time warp again.... It's stuck in my head and there are no other lyrics to that song that I'm aware of....
7. Witty comments I could make to someone if someone else were present.

Posts: 930 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't people think about sex every 15 seconds or something? Wonder why it's not on anyone's list...
Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
It's on mine.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tara
Member # 10030

- posted      Profile for Tara   Email Tara         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Christine:
Don't people think about sex every 15 seconds or something? Wonder why it's not on anyone's list...

Personally, I never think about sex, but I too got the idea that not all of these lists were entirely honest...
Posts: 930 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Christine:

Well, the OP did ask for interesting thoughts.
Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
1) Between the books "Godel, Escher, Bach", "I Am A Strange Loop", and "A World Without Time", I am no longer convinced that I even really exist.

2) I am 40 years old, and I have never been married. I often wonder why that is, but more often I avoid thinking about why I really think that is.

3) I went to music school; music is my life, and I am disappointed sometimes by how little I've been spending my time on it recently.

4) I've recently come to realize that I do not believe in God. This is new to me, and in some ways it is very disturbing to me, while in other ways I am much more at peace having admitted it to myself.

5) I think often about my 2 year old niece. It brightens my day.

*edited for spelling

[ November 20, 2008, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: Sean Monahan ]

Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
1. Am I obligated to obey the law?
2. Is legal paternalism morally justified?
3. Why is Latin hard?
4. What movie should I watch tonight?
5. Now that my article on legal obligation is almost done, what should I write about next?

Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.