FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Dogs in Elk

Author Topic: Dogs in Elk
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
This is quite old - so old, in fact, that I bet many of never heard of it.

I give you the true story of dogs in elk, with artistic pumpkin interpretation.

Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

Nope, never heard of it.

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the pumpkin artwork didn't help me envision the situation any better, but the story was pretty hilarious. Because it happened to someone else, not to me.

But I can't make any sense of the numbers in this scenario. Or maybe it's something about the pronouns that's confusing me:

quote:
Jake nearly took my friends arm off. He's already short a toe, so he cherishes the 15 that remain.

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
Four toes per dog per foot. 16 - 1 = 15
Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh. My. Word. I had never read that, and it was so funny (again, because it wasn't me!) I envisioned an elk ribcage hopping a fence and climbing a house filled with little dogs, and could not stop laughing. In fact, I'm about to start again...
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jhai:
Four toes per dog per foot. 16 - 1 = 15

Yup, it was the pronouns. I thought it was referring to the friend--whom I presumed was a human. The dog nearly tried to take his arm off and he already has a missing toe so he cherishes the rest of his limbs/digits. But I guess not.

Plus, I guess I don't know dog feet. Cats have five toes each on their front feet, or at any rate four plus a dew claw, and four on the back.

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.