FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » LIONS!

Author Topic: LIONS!
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Cornelson's prose isn't going to impress anybody: it's full of comma splices and other errors, not to mention such howlers as "lust-filled orgasms" and a character screaming "LIONS!" into a telephone and then hanging up. Nevertheless, Cattus Atrox provides the most intense visceral experience of any game in this comp.

So while the prose is less than masterful, the syntax for some required commands is often weird, and the ending is silly and over the top, Cattus Atrox gets high marks for grabbing me by the collar and yanking me out of detached-observer mode. This game stuck with me. Several games later I had to restrain myself from rushing into the Muse telegraph office and tapping out "LIONS!" on the telegraph.

Source.
Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
What on earth is this about? This needs more explanation...
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
It's from a review of a freeware text adventure game.
Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caliban
Member # 11698

- posted      Profile for caliban           Edit/Delete Post 
For some reason I expected this to be about the football team of the same name and their bid for the ignominious 0-16.
Posts: 6 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome-o!
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
And tigers and bears.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
oh my!

*john beat me to the punch*

Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.