FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Left 4 Dead

Author Topic: Left 4 Dead
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody playing this? I think it's tremendous fun but I hope they make more levels. There are four at the moment. Each takes about 60-90 minutes to complete. Also on my wish-list is an actual single-player campaign (which doesn't look too likely, though the modding community will perhaps make a few) and more survivors (which almost certainly won't happen.)

I do think we can expect several more Valve-released levels. I think the official content on Team Fortress 2 has tripled since its release, and content continues to come out for it.... Hopefully they show Left 4 Dead the same level of respect.

Anyway... Anybody wanna play sometime?

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sylvrdragon
Member # 3332

- posted      Profile for sylvrdragon   Email sylvrdragon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm definitely down to play. I play on XBox as: Mr3Point1415926.

I also foresee more levels as well as more levels available for Versus Mode. However, I think user-created mods will be this games true legacy, as with many Valve games. The "Director" AI system is just too nifty not to be further utilized.

Posts: 636 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

I'm on PC as mononaut .. The PC and XBox don't cross-over do they? [Frown]
Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
If it runs on Vista 64, I may get it at some point after I assemble my new computer. I'll let you know.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
The demo ran quite well for me on vista 64 (nvidia motherboard and nvidia 8800GT video card).

I was a little bit bemused since it was (as advertised, to be fair) just like an action/horror movie in that impossibly fast and numerous zombies fell before my pistol like wheat before a scythe. I've read that the normal difficulty is actually really easy, but that might be the adaptive difficulty thing kicking in, making sure you don't die. (Main characters don't die in the action/horror movies either, unless they are one of the annoying characters.) But it quickly felt like I was playing a weirdly gory children's game, it was so easy.

Probably it needs to be played with friends to actually be fun. (Or maybe the demo wasn't representative, dunno.)

Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
My brother played the Demo and didn't care for it that much, but once he got the full game and began playing online he said the game is great. I haven't played it yet, but he does complain about the Counter-Strike folk switching over to Left 4 Dead. Mostly because they are in the habit of going solo instead of cooperating and don't understand that friendly fire is always on.
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lanfear
Member # 7776

- posted      Profile for Lanfear   Email Lanfear         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you play it on expert Scifibum?

Normal was incredibly easy
Hard was difficult
And Expert mode took atleast fifteen play throughs for me and my friends to beat (the demo)

It's an incredibly exhilarating game.

Posts: 332 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by scifibum:
(Main characters don't die in the action/horror movies either, unless they are one of the annoying characters.)

Maybe they'll have a feature in later versions to allow your character to say something annoying and increase your personal difficulty. [Smile]
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been playing on the 360, my gamertag is: TherionMEC. I've been having a blast with this game, especially with versus mode. When you get a good team together you can kick some serious butt. Although the director will eventually compensate for that.

For example, I got into a team and we beat the others seven thousand something to six hundred something. (We even managed to make them score a zero one round) The next campaign however was more even, especially since the director spawned fifty zombies per room for us and three for them.

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, TL, I just sent you an email through Hatrack's anonymous mail thingie. If you don't get it let me know.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

I got it. Response sent....

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.