FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Blago: Crazy like a fox?

Author Topic: Blago: Crazy like a fox?
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
A bad thought occurred to me as I was driving Tova to her school bus pickup this morning. They're starting to say that maybe Blago didn't do the stuff they arrested him for. That maybe no money changed hands.

When he was arrested, all I could think was, "What kind of moron does that kind of stuff while he knows he's in the middle of an investigation?" Plus, I saw him on the news, and he had such a smirk as he said that he was looking forward to the trial.

What if he's sticking it to Fitzgerald? What if he figured, say some seriously egregious stuff without any real substance where he knows he's being bugged, and then come out like he's being falsely accused? What if he's playing the system?

I mean, he's either a complete psycho/sociopath and an idiot, or he's setting Fitzgerald up. Or, you know, both.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Fitzgerald knows this is a risk. If he had been considering only the success of his case, he almost certainly would have waited to indict Blago.

However, had he waited until Blago made the appointment, it would have caused all sorts of trouble for Illinois. So Fitzgerald chose to compromise (probably not fatally) his case.

The thing is, he's acknowledged this publicly. I doubt there's any way Blago can pull off making it look like he was falsely accused, even if he is not convicted.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I think they have enough evidence on other charges about money changing hands, even if not the Senator appointment. And there is talk of a fundraising dinner for Jesse Jackson Jr. where money did actually change hands.
Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
When I first heard he was arrested all I could think of was "wow they finally caught'm"
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.