FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Story by Tova

Author Topic: Story by Tova
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
We just got this e-mailed to us by Tova's teacher. Tova, for those of you who don't know, is 8 1/2. Her teacher said in the e-mail that she didn't help Tova at all. Tova just typed the whole thing out herself. Bear in mind that there are puns. Apparently, the story was supposed to be in the style of Dogzilla.

===========================

Tova Hope-Liel
December 8, 2008

Crayolaland vs. Elmer’s World

It was the day before Thanksgiving. The president at the time was Bachalk Obama. Bachalk did not like Thanksgiving that much. So he decided to make a war. He called in his Whiteboard Meeting staff. Boredy was the head.

Next Day: Morning-

Bachalk Obama began his speech “Hear ye Hear ye. I your president declare that Elmer’s World and Crayolaland will go to war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In about 2, 1 and go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Violet and Stick were mad! So they decided to sue Bachalk Obama at court! So they did.

At Court

“I’m going to sue Bachalk Obama for making Crayolaland and Elmer’s World fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Scolded Violet. “And Violet is my wife! I don’t want to fight my wife!” said Glue Stick. “Well jury can we sue Bachalk Obama?” asked Judge Double Sided Tape. “No!!!!!!” said the jury. “Well I sentence you (Glue Stick and Violet) to 5 years of hard labor!!!” said Judge Double Sided Tape.

Sound off!!!!!!!!” yelled General Tape! “The judge never said anything about not going to war. 1... 2 ...3 ...4... 5........1,000” “GOOD all the soldiers here... and march!!! Hut 234 Hut 234 Hut 234 Hut 234 Hut!”

And the war began. At the house of the great explorer Tack. Tack was confused. He was thinking, “why is scrapkind fighting? Oh well.” One night Tack and his wife Perpa (some people called her piece of paper) and their son were watching the Srnews

“Today on skraday we will find out why scrapkind is fighting. So Bachalk Obama why is scrapkind fighting?”

Bachalk responded, “Because I said so and shoo.”

“Ok and that is why.”

“Oh...so that is why. I got to get to bed,” said Tack

When Tack, Perpa and Penpe (their son) woke up they packed their bags and started to flee. When night fell they camped on the border of Crayolaland and Elmer’s World. So that night they ate dinner on the border. The next morning they went to B.O. (Bachalk Obama, or others refer to it as Washington D.C.).

Tack, Perpa and Penpe argued with Bachalk Obama. “You do not like Thanksgiving?” asked Tack. “I’m not telling HA!” said Bachalk Obama. So they went to their camp site.
But the next day Perpa had a baby. She did not know what to name her. But she liked peppers, so Perpa named it Pealpeal [note from Lisa: pealpel is Hebrew for "pepper"].

The Next Day

When they woke up they heard noises. “Ow! Stop screaming!” yelled Pealpeal. “It is not me!” said Penpe “SHHHH!” whispered Tack. Then tack went out to the battlefield and held up his hands and stopped the war. But when they got to B.O. Bachalk Obama got sued and Tack became the new president.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tara
Member # 10030

- posted      Profile for Tara   Email Tara         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow -- did you have to correct any of her spelling? I definitely could not spell that well when I was eight and a half...
Posts: 930 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, she may have used a spellchecker. She was doing it on the computer. But still. "Scrapkind"? Whiteboard for White House?
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lobo
Member # 1761

- posted      Profile for lobo           Edit/Delete Post 
What is scrapkind?
Posts: 571 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

- posted      Profile for Dan_Frank   Email Dan_Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
Upon his first appearance I thought Double Sided Tape made a great judge because he's impartial, and able to hold both the plaintiff and the defendant's views in his head at once.

After his hasty and harsh verdict, however, I've determined it's because he's a two-faced bastard.

Posts: 3580 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Armoth
Member # 4752

- posted      Profile for Armoth   Email Armoth         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dan_Frank:
Upon his first appearance I thought Double Sided Tape made a great judge because he's impartial, and able to hold both the plaintiff and the defendant's views in his head at once.

After his hasty and harsh verdict, however, I've determined it's because he's a two-faced bastard.

omg Dan, i almost fell off my chair laughing at that one.

Lisa, your kid's a genius.

Posts: 1604 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by lobo:
What is scrapkind?

It sounds like all the characters in the story were scrapbooking supplies.

Very cute story, Lisa! [Smile]

Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.