FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What to get the dad who's daughter is starting to date?

Author Topic: What to get the dad who's daughter is starting to date?
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
For my brother's Christmas gift I am putting together a package so he can survive those first few dating experiences.

Any ideas?

So far it will be titled with...

"All boys are after only one thing....
...surviving meeting their girl's father."

He has several pocket knives. I'm going to give him a sharpening stone.

Perhaps a fake book cover called, "Beginners Guide to Gelding" so that when he boy comes to pick up my niece, he can sit by the fire, sharpening his knife, and just leave the book there for the boy to see.

I have a questionaire for him to pass out to the boys--"Name, Address, Burial Preference, If you suddenly disappeared-who if anyone would come looking for you.."

But I need a couple more solid things to put in the kit.

Ideas anyone?

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ambyr
Member # 7616

- posted      Profile for ambyr           Edit/Delete Post 
Eight Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter?
Posts: 650 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe no one has mentioned a shotgun.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
I would recommend a print or T-Shirst of the xkcd comic "Frustration," if it were available.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
The newest Rodney Atkins CD with the song Just Cleaning This Gun on it?
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
I can't believe no one has mentioned a shotgun.

Better yet, a CD of Cleaning this Gun.

Edit: DANG! Beaten!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
"Happiness Is a Warm Gun" from the White Album.

But seriously. A cyanide capsule. For whoever, whenever...

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Primal Curve:
I would recommend a print or T-Shirts of the xkcd comic "Frustration," if it were available.

That is a great one! And here is the comic so that you don't have to search for it: Frustration. [Smile]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I think there should actually be a guide for parents entitled 'how not to be a complete schmuck and weirdo when your kid starts dating'
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hank
Member # 8916

- posted      Profile for Hank   Email Hank         Edit/Delete Post 
How about a watch for his daughter?

"You're thirty seconds, late. That's why we synchronized before you left."

Posts: 368 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Am I really as braindead as I feel, or wasn't this thread posted a month or two ago with very similar results?
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, good. It's not just me.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
How about a guardian angel?
"If you're late, I'm coming after you."
"If you speed, you won't be dating again."
Many to choose from.

Or maybe the neighborhood watch?
Again, LOTS of choices.

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Antacids.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Chastity belt? (For her, not him.)
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
My dad would give my sisters a quarter and say, "if this yahoo tries anything, use this quarter to call me." Then he would turn to the guy and say, "if she spends that quarter, you will disappear."
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
On a more realistic note: Condoms, pregnancy-test kit, STD horror-propaganda materials.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by brojack17:
My dad would give my sisters a quarter and say, "if this yahoo tries anything, use this quarter to call me." Then he would turn to the guy and say, "if she spends that quarter, you will disappear."

[Eek!]

[ROFL]

That's priceless!

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.