FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Gmail SMS

Author Topic: Gmail SMS
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
Gmail rocks my world.

You can now send text messages via Gmail chat. You simply add it via labs and then in the chat box, add the cell number as a new contact. The cell will then receive a message from your email account and can text back, which will show up in the Gmail chat window.
You might be charged a normal SMS rate for both sides of the conversation, but it's still pretty nifty. Especially for those of us with no internet capabilities on our phones.

Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by aiua:
Gmail rocks my world.

You can now send text messages via Gmail chat. You simply add it via labs and then in the chat box, add the cell number as a new contact. The cell will then receive a message from your email account and can text back, which will show up in the Gmail chat window.
You might be charged a normal SMS rate for both sides of the conversation, but it's still pretty nifty. Especially for those of us with no internet capabilities on our phones.

Uh... are you being paid to advertise on Hatrack?

That kind of capability has been around for years with Skype, AIM, and other programs. Some phone company websites also allow you to text message to people on their service for free.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.