FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Did anyone else here use to not be that great at walking when they first started?

Author Topic: Did anyone else here use to not be that great at walking when they first started?
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
When I first started trying to walk I wasn't very good at it. I could crawl and stand up, but when I would try to walk I would fall over. It wasn't until I practiced more that I was able to walk well. Does anyone else have a similar experience? I wasn't an expert walker until I walked about 50 feet.
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
I was always walking above my age. I was running marathons at 6 months. Of course, by the time I got to pre-school, the teachers always wanted us to walk places I didn't want to go, so I lost interest in it, and stopped walking until I was free to walk where I wanted. Those teachers just couldn't understand that I walked for the enjoyment of it, not to get to the places they wanted me to go.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
I was actually pretty good at it early on. However, my sister was a bit of a wimp. She fell once, and it took her a couple of months before she would walk again.

Of course if I had been smarter, I would have put off walking a while longer. If people are willing to carry you around everywhere, you might as well milk it for as long as possible.

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
What do you mean "when they first started?" I'm turning 30 and I'm still not that great at walking. I spend a surprising amount of walking time prone on the pavement.
Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't remember learning to walk.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
I never learned to walk too good because there's a nerdy stigma attached to it. I'd rather watch the same junky TV shows over and over than go for a really good walk.
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
I actually jogged out of the womb and did a world record triple jump onto the scale.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

Yeah well, we all know you were juicing.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
I love you guys. You make my heart warm.

Although. True story. I was on my high school's walking team for two years in a row. I was the self-declared co-captain. However my third year I was medically disqualified. I've been declared medically unfit to walk I suppose then.

Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vyrus
Member # 10525

- posted      Profile for Vyrus   Email Vyrus         Edit/Delete Post 
I, one day, am looking forward to walking.

I am currently still inside my mother's womb, and, after a horrible accident involving spaghetti and an iPhone, am able to wirelessly connect to you good folks here on hatrack.

Posts: 135 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

As a zygote, not yet formed into a human fetus by the aging process, I have nevertheless figured out how to transfer my very advanced brain patterns into what you humans call writing. As such I can tell you that if I had appendages distinguishable from a small cluster of cells, I too would be ready and willing to walk at the first opportunity.
Starsnuffer
Member # 8116

- posted      Profile for Starsnuffer   Email Starsnuffer         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, Shawshank, speed walking?
Posts: 655 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.