FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » On a lighter note, Here's Some Music!

Author Topic: On a lighter note, Here's Some Music!
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
I have been up late working on this... and now it's morning, and I've gone and done it again. Sometimes it feels like I have all my best ideas when I'm away from things with no opportunity to express them. It isn't true though, I just don't have the hard reality of actual work to convince me that my "great ideas" are not all there yet.

This is why I really enjoy composing music. It can just be there when you aren't working. It's not like writing, where there's no relaxing way to go back over what's already been written, but with music you can do that a thousand times with good rewards.

So here is something that came to me in the space of a few hours. I sometimes share works in progress, but usually not for weeks or at least days after I've had them kicking around. This one is fresh as a daisy.

I got interested in the random cancellation of sounds that occurs when you use a gate to isolate specific frequency ranges and then use a delay design to slightly offset the repetitions of each note in frequency. What you get sounds as if the notes are tearing themselves off the walls, and you can hear the repeated "clicks" of the note attacks kind of gliding around in the background underneath the notes. It's cool!

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
:Bump:

I did post this in the middle of the night, so if anyone is interested in hearing it, I'll give it one more shot.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, I like that! Very chilling. Sounds like it should be on the soundtrack for The Hours or something. [Smile]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.