FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Awesome Possum: Join the Possum Nation

Author Topic: The Awesome Possum: Join the Possum Nation
Week-Dead Possum
Member # 11917

- posted      Profile for Week-Dead Possum           Edit/Delete Post 
For too long, we possums have played dead, with no real purpose in mind. Oh we believed in the cause, we avoided predators that liked raw meat. But the GAME has changed, and it's time for ACTION!

THE POSSUM NATION IS ON THE RISE!

You heard it here- soon the word will be on the streets. Possums will rise up to face the world, and account will be taken of your actions on this, oh most faithful of days.

In this war, we take no prisoners. In this battle, there can only be victors, or casualties.

Which side will you choose? Who shall join the RIGHTEOUS cause?

More to follow. POSSUMS UNITE!

-The Awesome Possum

Posts: 79 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Week-Dead Possum
Member # 11917

Our Platform:

1. The recognition of UPR: Universal Possum Rights

2. A change in the way the GAME is PLAYED.

3. The Downfall of Belgium.

4. The USE of LISTS.

5. The ascendancy of the 7th Republic of France, the greatest Allie of the Possum Nation!

-The Awesome Possom

Posts: 79 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharpie
Member # 482

- posted      Profile for Sharpie   Email Sharpie         Edit/Delete Post 
Once, I called animal control because there was a possum in my trash can and it seemed sick and I was afraid it might be rabid, since this area can have rabies. They sent out an officer, which is technically a police officer, as you might know, in a cruiser. Anyway, he looked in the trash can, picked up the trash can, and thunked it towards the woods. The perfectly healthy possum dashed into the underbrush.

The officer even said, "you know that's why they call it playing possum, ma'am?"

Later I did find it kind of amusing. OH, and it was the one time I ever used my son's wooden sword as anything more than a thing to put with umbrellas. I sort of gestured at the possum, swordlike, to see if it would respond. It did not, which is why I thought it was sick.

It all felt very reasonable.

Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
If it's still there tomorrow, I'll take a picture of the week (or longer) dead possum where I walk. I've almost stepped in it twice and the city hasn't cleaned it up yet.

It'd be a nice forum avatar for you, WDP.. you know.. if you visit a forum with avatars.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Week-Dead Possum
Member # 11917

A martyr to the CAUSE! Possum death is NO JOKE. The GAME, must CHANGE.

DOWN with Belgium! Possums RISE!

-The Awesome Possum

Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Sign me up I love possoms, especially having this fancy prehensile tale.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Quando omni flunkus moritadi.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I am tempted to write a parody of "Cherokee Nation" about dead possum zombies rising up.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Week-Dead Possum
Member # 11917

quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:

A Canadian brother for the REVOLUTION! Our time cometh, Viva la Quebec! VIVA LA POSSUM!

-The Awesome Possum

scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:

I do like a gripping story.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Possum stew is mighty tasty, but it don't beat beaver gumbo - no sir.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Week-Dead Possum
Member # 11917

You sicken me Sir. The Cow and the Possum will never be at peace, so long as the Cows remain decadent lapdogs (or lapcows) to the human infestation.

DOWN WITH BELGIUM!

-The Awesome Possum

Trent Destian
Member # 11653

- posted      Profile for Trent Destian           Edit/Delete Post 
Excuse me, I found one of your little club members on the side of the road. What do you want me to do with it? Should I mail it to your HQ?
Posts: 247 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I accidentally killed a possum a couple of weeks ago. I felt bad about it though. I hope that's okay.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Week-Dead Possum:
3. The Downfall of Belgium.

Your undercover agents are doing a great job so far.

quote:
5. The ascendancy of the 7th Republic of France, the greatest Allie of the Possum Nation!
If I were you I'd look for another ally...
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
In the spirit of bovine solidarity, I will support my Mighty cousin in his assertion that possum stew is, in fact, mighty tasty.

However, possum tartar is preferred, with a nice Goodyear tenderizer.

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Why did the chicken cross the road?

To show the opossum it CAN BE DONE!

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Does possum taste better with ketchup?

*to tune of Red Robin jingle*
Dead Possum. Yummm!

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.