FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » quick camera mayfly

Author Topic: quick camera mayfly
EmpSquared
Member # 10890

- posted      Profile for EmpSquared           Edit/Delete Post 
Do most new digital camera require a battery charge?
Posts: 368 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you mean like, do they work without batteries? You can still find vintage cameras that only need batteries for the light meter... but I don't know how there could be a digital camera that didn't need a battery.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen some that still require AA (or AAA?) batteries, in which case you could use rechargable batteries and would need a charger, and some that have their own fancy lithium batteries that charge when you plug the camera right into the wall with a cord they usually provide.
Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
I think they might be asking whether a new battery provided with a camera requires a charge before use, in which case the answer is usually yes.
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You can still find vintage cameras that only need batteries for the light meter
And vintage photographers who still use them. My Pentax K1000 was the last camera made that was fully usable without a battery. It does have one for a light meter.
Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
A lot of them take disposable batteries, so they don;t. However, if it has an on board rechargeable battery, it probably does.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.