FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » itunes/windows help for the computer illierate

Author Topic: itunes/windows help for the computer illierate
adenam
Member # 11902

- posted      Profile for adenam           Edit/Delete Post 
I got a new ipod that wouldn't connect to my computer unless I updated my itunes to version 8.0. I tried to but it didn't work, I think because I need a newer version of windows (I have whatever version of XP that came with computers in 2004). So basically, is it safe to download the service packs or vista or whatever it's called without totally crashing my computer and/or losing everything I have saved (I feel like I heard that happens somewhere) or am I just being paranoid?
Posts: 399 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
You don't need Vista for iTunes 8.0. You should download the latest XP service pack if it isn't installed already (I think XP is at SP3). Downloading and installing a service pack won't do anything harmful to your computer.

Good luck.

Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.