FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Atlanta, Georgia Area Zombies Needed!

Author Topic: Atlanta, Georgia Area Zombies Needed!
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Call to all North Georgia Zombies and other interested Undead, for immediate casting.

Details:
  • What it is: Eleven-year-old director Punkzilla is now casting the Zombie Horde for his latest work in progress, a book report based on The Zombie Survival Guide.
  • When: Saturday February 7th, from 2pm to approximately 5pm.
  • Where: The home of the Olivet family, and nearby locations, weather permitting.
  • Requirements: All Zombies must have/bring old clothing, suitable for ruining with zombie make-up and corn syrup blood. All shapes, sizes and ages of zombies are needed, so don't be shy. We only need to film a few demonstrations of zombie Horde defense techniques and a sing-along to Jonathan Coulton's "Re: Your Brains" to be played with the credits (Used by permission of the copyright holder). Weapons experience is not necessary, as the main cast is eleven and not allowed to use real weapons.
  • Other details: You will be asked to sign a release to use your image. Kraft services will provide payment in the form of fresh brains after filming, but you must participate to qualify. No brain poaching allowed!
  • Anyone with previous zombie make-up experience who is willing to help prepare cast members will be given mutually agreeable additional compensation.
  • For more information/directions: email oliviafenator AT gmail DOT com

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, man. I wish I was closer! I'd have some zombies for you and I've done zombie makeup. Have fun though!
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Aww! That sounds like so much fun! Too bad I don't live in Georgia anymore.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

*grin* I didn't figure there were many Georgia Hatrackers anymore, but I thought it was worth a shot!

I do wish we had more girls, though. Heh.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still here but i don't get what this is for. you are filming stuff?
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

I'm just trying to help my son get extras for his zombie movie. Organization is not his strong suit, so I will probably be behind the camera next Saturday, when we're doing group shots (also, by then he'll be in most of the scenes). But it's his idea and he knows what he wants. It won't be graphic or bloody, because he's going for laughs.

So, yeah. We're filming some Zombie stuff. We'll have pizza and snacks. I'm still trying to figure out how much makeup I'll need, how much food, etc.

I DO think I have a local guy with some zombie makeup skills who is willing to help. Don't know if he'll be able to come by or just give me pointers. My son is leaving the make up and effects mostly to me. We'll just have to see how it goes.

airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to Atlanta for a show that very night...but it'd be awkward and I'd further upset the male:female ratio.
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I know some folks in Georgia, but they're not undead, merely unread.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I be a lame-o "maybe" zombie? I have plans for early and late parts of the day and not sure if I'll be able to be there 2-5 or not, but would love to fit in some support for Mr. Punkzilla, time permitting! Oh, and don't worry about adding me to the count for the brains catering; I'll be eating out! ;-)

I do have some perfect undead apparel.

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traceria
Member # 11820

- posted      Profile for Traceria   Email Traceria         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Olivet:
Weapons experience is not necessary, as the main cast is eleven and not allowed to use real weapons.

[ROFL]

Yeah, too bad North Georgia in no way translates to North East Baltimore Co.

Posts: 691 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Uprooted - Awesome! I was considering contacting the donations manager at the local Goodwill, and asking if they have a pile of donated clothes that were too torn or whatever to resell.

Even if you could just drop by for a bit, it would be cool. I'm really planning on having Papa John's. [Wink]

Airmanfour- it's cool. I don't want anyone to feel like they have to, or get all stressed about it. Just saying if people are in the area and casting about for something to do, it could be fun. [Big Grin]

Olivet
Member # 1104

His plan for the thing is very campy and I think it will be funny. [Big Grin] I'll probably post a link when it is done.
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
You did mention pizza above; I just wanted to make sure if you're doing a count to make sure you have enough that you don't include me. It's pretty unlikely I'd be wanting to eat even if I do make it.

Will you email me your address? I know I've been there and all but I'm so spacey, I'm likely to end up knocking on the door of a house on the wrong street. [Blushing]

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Just in case anyone was interested, this is the finished product:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOSfT8tD1FU

Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome! What a great teacher he has. I hope he got an A. I would have given him an A. [Big Grin]
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
It turned out great! I love it! Wow I can not believe how grown up your boys are.
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Belle, I hope so, too! That class is taught by two teachers who jobshare-- one is his favorite teacher ever and the other is the worst teacher I've ever encountered with any of my kids. She actually told the class she hates kids and wishes she wasn't a teacher. (I've been very, very lucky that, out of all the teachers my kids have had, the only bad one is one that my son only has for two classes on two days a week.) He certainly put a lot of effort into it. [Smile]

Tatiana-- I KNOW! The last time you saw them, they were so little! Big'un is as tall as me now, and his voice is changing. O_O Littl'un is almost as tall as me, but still fidgety. [Big Grin]

Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
They're both adorable. [Big Grin]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Emily had a teacher this year that on the first day announced that she was only two years away from retirement and she couldn't wait. [Roll Eyes]

I had been warned away from this teacher but didn't act on it...so poor Em suffered all year with this completely unmotivated and miserable teacher who made all the kids miserable. Well, next year there is a teacher in the sixth grade who I know well (Natalie had her) and this time I'm pre-empting - I've sent a letter to the principal requesting that Emily NOT be placed in her class.

It's terrible when kids get stuck with teachers who shouldn't be teaching. He did do a great job on the video. Sounds like he learned some good lessons from the book too!

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

LOL! Yes, if there is ever a zombie apocalypse, we're set. [Wink]

Most of his teachers really dig him, and he's been in a great mood this year. Only, now we don't know where he's going to be for school next year. It's a little nerve-wracking.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.