FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » LOST question, Mayfly (spoilers abound) (down with belgium)

Author Topic: LOST question, Mayfly (spoilers abound) (down with belgium)
Week-Dead Possum
Member # 11917

- posted      Profile for Week-Dead Possum           Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoy watching humans suffer. Which is why I tuned in, finally, on the Possum-vision, to the show LOST.

We're a few seasons behind in the Possum Nation (we like to take our time, lie around playing dead, you know...) and I've just gotten to the part where the Taillies crash onto the beach.

My question is this: is it important that the tail-section crash is during the day, and the forward section crash is at night? Is this yet another piece of grand "day and night" "Black and white" symbolism? If so, just say: "yes."

My only regret so far is that no Belgians have died on the show. The one french speaking woman is my only hope... she may be a secret Belgian.

DOWN WITH BELGIUM!

-The Awesome Possum

Posts: 79 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traceria
Member # 11820

- posted      Profile for Traceria   Email Traceria         Edit/Delete Post 
Guess you'd automatically feel antagonist towards Hercule Poirot.

As to your question, hate to say it, but I don't even recall the difference in crash time! Without going back to watch crash scenes but having jogged my memory some using lost.wikia and their timeline, I'm mostly positive that the crash happens in the day time for both ends of the plane. I'd point to a particular episode, but I don't think you've gotten there yet. In fact, you haven't, but keep on and you will.

Posts: 691 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
In the premier episode, I remember scenes on the beach where a guy gets sucked into a jet engine. It was definitely daytime.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Week-Dead Possum
Member # 11917

- posted      Profile for Week-Dead Possum           Edit/Delete Post 
Poor memory then- I'd have sworn it was a nigh time scene.

good idea though... they should have done that just to be "Losty."

Posts: 79 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
Definitely both day time crashes.

However, I don't want to discourage you from construing meaning from anything you perceive in the show, even if erroneous, because I have a solid expectation that whatever meaning the writers reveal will be unsatisfying and probably nonsensical. Take what you can get out of it, is what I'm saying.

Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.