FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » King wtfbbqpwns Twilight

Author Topic: King wtfbbqpwns Twilight
Danlo the Wild
Member # 5378

- posted      Profile for Danlo the Wild   Email Danlo the Wild         Edit/Delete Post 
King is an Icon.
JK Rowling is a genius.
Steph Meyer? King no like.

http://blogs.usaweekend.com/whos_news/2009/02/exclusive-steph.html

Posts: 377 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
You forgot the OMG.

Gosh NUB!

Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw a guy at school today that looked like Stephen King.
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if there's one thing this board is overflowing with, it's people who passionately love and defend Twilight! [Big Grin]

*crickets chirping*

Eh, I've only read Eric Snider's fake screenplay. It was funny. [Smile]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danlo the Wild
Member # 5378

- posted      Profile for Danlo the Wild   Email Danlo the Wild         Edit/Delete Post 
Anything that ONLY females like cannot be good.

Like $1000 dollar purses, Matthew Mcghonahey or Tony Romo.

fin

Posts: 377 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Can't find the interview. It says "Click read more" but there's no link there.

[edit] Nevermind...

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeorge
Member # 11524

- posted      Profile for Jeorge           Edit/Delete Post 
"I saw a guy at school today that looked like Stephen King."

Once in a great while I see someone that looks like Stephen King at our local movie theater.

Then I realize it is Stephen King.

Posts: 324 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danlo the Wild
Member # 5378

I LOVE YOU jk rowling.
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Danlo the Wild:
fin

The addiction of girls to "fin" is a growing problem.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adenam
Member # 11902

- posted      Profile for adenam           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I LOVE YOU jk rowling.
[Group Hug]
Posts: 399 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Armoth
Member # 4752

- posted      Profile for Armoth   Email Armoth         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Puffy Treat:
Well, if there's one thing this board is overflowing with, it's people who passionately love and defend Twilight! [Big Grin]

*crickets chirping*

::meekly raises his hand:: I'll defend it. Sure, it wasn't written all that well, but there are multiple components to writing a story. Personally, I wish LOTR wasn't written as well as it was...shoot me...

I think that Meyer is a great story teller, and her books got better as the series progressed. She knew how to give the readers exactly what they wanted while makign each step refreshing and interesting, waiting just the right amount of time. I thought her books were very new, and very enjoyable. There.

Posts: 1604 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually thought her story telling was worse than her writing. Which is saying something. And I had no desire to find out if it got better in the second book.
Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Armoth:
quote:
Originally posted by Puffy Treat:

*crickets chirping*

::meekly raises his hand:: I'll defend it. Sure, it wasn't written all that well, but there are multiple components to writing a story. Personally, I wish LOTR wasn't written as well as it was...shoot me...

I think that Meyer is a great story teller, and her books got better as the series progressed. She knew how to give the readers exactly what they wanted while makign each step refreshing and interesting, waiting just the right amount of time. I thought her books were very new, and very enjoyable. There.

I like the Host better than the Twilight Series.

But, JK Rowling and Neil Gaiman pwn everyone.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Occasional
Member # 5860

- posted      Profile for Occasional   Email Occasional         Edit/Delete Post 
I think its funny coming from a guy who was considered beneath the writing establishment until he started writing artsy-fartsy books lacking in story. Not defending Meyer's writing abilities. Just saying S.K. doesn't have much room to be talking from when he started out.

Stephanie Meyer just needs a good editor. She needs someone to take a big marker and cut out lots of her prose. Then, she needs to be told how to actually improve her work and follow those instructions. That is what editors do. It isn't like she is Dan Brown who seems to have serious grammar problems and a poor choice of words.

Posts: 2207 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.