FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Pride and Predator

Author Topic: Pride and Predator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Is it April Fools already?

I guess the "shocking" idea of having a Regency era comedy of manners disrupted by monsters has become the hot thing for 2009. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starsnuffer
Member # 8116

- posted      Profile for Starsnuffer   Email Starsnuffer         Edit/Delete Post 
Haha, sounds amusing, even if it's not a Great Movie. I'm sure many kids reading Jane Eyre will appreciate it.
Posts: 655 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
I must be forgetting something. What other Regency era comedies are getting disrupted by monsters this year?
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Occasional
Member # 5860

- posted      Profile for Occasional   Email Occasional         Edit/Delete Post 
"It felt like a fresh and funny way to blow apart the done-to-death Jane Austen genre by literally dropping this alien into the middle of a costume drama, where he stalks and slashes to horrific effect," Furnish said.

"Dr Who" did it many times over and probably better than what this will be.

Posts: 2207 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Raymond Arnold:
I must be forgetting something. What other Regency era comedies are getting disrupted by monsters this year?

Same comedy, different disruption: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric 2.0
Member # 11443

- posted      Profile for Godric 2.0   Email Godric 2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
Produced by Elton John?!?
Posts: 382 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, the plot is almost EXACTLY what I thought it would be based on the title of the movie.

That doesn't happen very often anymore.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Better be a real Yautja.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been thinking about this way to much...

what's next--Shocking Shakespeare.

And I had too much fun with Shocking Shakespeare...

Hamlet--Prince of the Undead Something's rotting in the state of Denmark--and its Zombie Flesh.

Alien Vs Predator Vs Henry V The Feast of St. Crispian has never been enjoyed like this.

Count Romeo and Juliet--Vampires in Love Death couldn't stop their love. Next time use a stake to the heart.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
I would read ( or watch) those.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

I would totally watch a version of Hamlet where at the climax Claudius peels off his face to reveal he's really a malevolent extraterrestrial entity.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys are such downers! You probably thought Snakes on a Plane wouldn't be any good either.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
Taming Of The Werewolf Poor Rinaldo, his Beatrice's tongue doth be sharp. So are her teeth and claws.

The Perfect Tempest Can the Coast Guard rescue Prospero from Hurricane Ariel?

A Mid-Summers Night-Mare Standard teen slasher film. Four teens go out in the woods for a little romance. In the woods are also some local rustics and a snobby rich woman destined to fall for the least cuth of the small town men, who happens to have certain equine attributes. Not only are loves torn asunder, but Puck is PO'd and the body count begins to rise.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes:
You guys are such downers! You probably thought Snakes on a Plane wouldn't be any good either.

I'm an ophidiophobic. [Frown]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.