FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Paul Harvey Died

Author Topic: Paul Harvey Died
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/03/02/greene.harvey/index.html#cnnSTCText

Good day.

Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andi330
Member # 8572

- posted      Profile for andi330           Edit/Delete Post 
I will miss the rest of the story.
Posts: 1214 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mocke
Member # 11963

- posted      Profile for Mocke           Edit/Delete Post 
That was the rest of the story.

I loved to listen to Paul Harvey. When I was about 8 or 9, my mom had a car that would only get AM radio, and every day after work when she was driving us home we would listen to "The Rest of the Story" And depending on traffic, sometimes we would get home before it ended. So we would just sit in the car and wait for him to finish.
Later when I was working in the kitchen at a restaurant, I would listen to the news from Paul.
He will be missed.

Posts: 86 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Good day.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lostinspace
Member # 11633

- posted      Profile for Lostinspace   Email Lostinspace         Edit/Delete Post 
And now you know the rest of the story!

It sound like his son will carry on for him, but it still will not be the same. My news radio station did an awsome tribute tonight. It brought tears to my eyes. I love Paul Harvey. When I was young and would work on my uncle's farm, breakfast and lunch were not over until Paul Harvery had said good day! In a day of sensational new, he will be missed for telling good news stories and telling them well!

Posts: 176 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Good day, Paul Harvey. [Frown]
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
This news sucked. I liked that duder.

There are some radio personalities that absolutely should never be allowed to die, and they include Paul Harvey, Click and Clack, and Garrison Keillor.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if he was the most famous Tulsan, but he would definitely be on the Mount Rushmore of Tulsans.
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I love Paul Harvey.

That said, I have to share the slightest bit of irreverent humor. The Onion did a man-on-the-street question asking its infamous three passersby what thy thought about Paul Harvey's passing. The best reply?

"Are the doctors sure it's not just an exceptionally long pause in his delivery?"

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beleaguered
Member # 11983

- posted      Profile for beleaguered           Edit/Delete Post 
He had a marvelous voice for radio- very soothing and intelligent. I enjoyed listening to his stories, and often quoted his catch line.
Posts: 135 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.