FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Is everyone the product of their Age (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Is everyone the product of their Age
beleaguered
Member # 11983

- posted      Profile for beleaguered           Edit/Delete Post 
  • By Tom Davidson:
    I'm willing to bet that beleaguered, Oshki, and malanthrop are all either the same person or know each other, yeah.

You got me, Tom- I'm actually Oshki and Malanthorp. In fact, just to surprise everyone else in the room, I'm also Tom Davidson, the big guy who likes to stop cars that roll by without a driver. I'm even Mr. FUGU 13, uh oh, now you can discover my true identity by just opening up my published paper.

No, I'm NOT either of them, any of them actually. I'm my own person, my own independent thinker/poster. I guess I signed up at about the same time as Oshki? So be it. I don't know him any better than any of you. You know the guys who don't have favorite sports teams but almost always root for the under dog? I'm that guy. I picked out the underdog in this room from the start. The topic is interesting, so I tried to hang in there.

It's very clear, these forums contain a very high base IQ. I'm humbled to have my opinions read by such intelligent people, and hope to continue learning from you.

You know, though- I take it as a compliment that you've compared me with Oshki and Malanthorp, since they're clearly smarter than I am. I've come to these forums, not to debate my intelligence, but because I enjoy OSCs Ender and Shadow series, and because I hope to become a writer some day. Does this sound cheesy? I just wanted to explain my -I'm just Me case. [Smile]

Posts: 135 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malanthrop
Member # 11992

- posted      Profile for malanthrop           Edit/Delete Post 
I must be scitzo. I come here to stroke my ego like everyone else and to prove I'm smarter than you:).....kidding. But I AM BELEAGUERED....Adjective.
Posts: 1495 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oshki
Member # 11986

- posted      Profile for Oshki   Email Oshki         Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone,

Yes, I did come to Hatrack with an agenda. Yes, I do have a theory about the fundamental cause of human behavior. I identified Hatrack as a site full of intelligent people and I came to be confronted. Although it has been emphatically stated that the Laws of motion cannot be applied to humans, I am happy to report that when my assumptions have been confronted (since they were my assumptions I was confronted.) Those confrontations caused me to vector in my thinking.

For instance, my false assumption that gold was special caused an immediate confrontation which caused my thinking to vector (change course). The economics discussion and the resulting confrontations sent me off to Adam Smith and the basic premises of modern economics. Then on to a site that showed the flow of money and contracts how they are divided up and sold as investments according to their risk and the housing bubble and collapse explained. (The subjective depiction of the highest risk home buyers as smokers with a lot of children, I saw as the authors attempt at a “some all fallacy”.)

None of this would have happened if I was not confronted. I am not interested in holding on to false Ideas or assumptions but rather in identifying them, as I stated at the beginning of this thread, (Perhaps too obliquely) as a box to be identified so that one might step out of it, (destroy it, or rebuild it).

Oh, I had to go back to the box that is labeled Pi and flip it over. Thanks fugu13.

Posts: 83 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.