FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Anyone have a copy of Anansi Boys in hardcover?

Author Topic: Anyone have a copy of Anansi Boys in hardcover?
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately, my original copy of Anansi Boys was lent out and never returned to me.

As I recall, though, there was a drawing of a spider with seven legs on the cover. I'd like to get that tattooed on me, but I'm afraid I haven't been able to find a good source image anywhere. At best, I found a very slanted photograph that wasn't much use.

So . . . I'm wondering if any Jatraqueros have that book, and can get a photo or a scan that I could use as a reference. I'm searching for the hardcover as well, but if I don't find that image eventually, I may just use the Nazca spider . . .

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
I have it in hardcover, but the image on the cover isn't a spider. It is a sky with lightning and a spider web.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

Um, I think it was the inside cover. Under the dust jacket.
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, I have it. It's on the actual hard cover. I'll try to scan it at my mother's tonight (my scanner's broken) and upload it to photobucket or something like that. Although I feel like you can probably find it on the internets...the drawing has Gaiman's signature next to it, so he probably drew it!
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
Have you tried Amazon.com ?
Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

no sooner spoken than found!
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

Yeah, that was the image I found . . . but my tattoo artist and I figured the slant of the photo was too much to fix in drawing it.

Thank you, though.

El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a cool idea and image for a tat.

Post pictures once it's done, will ya?

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

I will.

The other possible images are this image from the Anansi Boys paperback, which would be intricate and time-consuming and expensive, but awesome, or the Nazca spider.

Depending on which image I choose, this will go either on the left side of my chest or my left shoulder.

plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
... Neil Gaiman's on Stephen Colbert tonight! Woo! [Cool]
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

Anansi Boys Spider

let me know how that works, Joldo!

Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for letting us know, plaid. So excited!

Joldo, of the three images, I like the original one you were looking for. I think I'm going to get a literary sleeve on my left arm in a few years. Something Gaiman-related is a must but I'm not sure which image I want to use or which book I want to reference.

Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.