FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » JDE Help for work

Author Topic: JDE Help for work
paigereader
Member # 2274

- posted      Profile for paigereader   Email paigereader         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone out there use JDE/ as400 ever? I have an issue and corporate is still working on it.
Posts: 204 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Until just recently, that was our development environment. We're on MSSQL + C# now, FWIW.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
AS400, yes. JDE . . . um, not sure.

But Tom is far more likely to be able to help you than I am.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paigereader
Member # 2274

- posted      Profile for paigereader   Email paigereader         Edit/Delete Post 
WEIRD- I was looking at a JDE forum and user name was tomdavidson... I thought could be hatrack tom?
I have an issue with superbackflush-using barcode guns-substitution on paypoint-manual closing of workorder causing double labor! ever run into this? or have any idea what I am talking about?

Posts: 204 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
i bet there are thousands of people across the internet running around using TomDavidson screen names. I'm sure it's just a coincidence.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
About half of them are actually named Tom Davidson, too. But unless they've got flawless grammar, dazzling wit, and a raw sex appeal that practically leaps off the page, they're probably not me.

-----------

quote:
ever run into this? or have any idea what I am talking about?
Um. I understand most of those words on their OWN, but they've been assembled into something uncomfortably alien.

If I understand you correctly, you're using barcode guns to scan PayPoint-annotated workorders into your SuperBackflush ERP, only to discover that you're getting duplicate entries. Right?

Unfortunately, that's not an environment I'm likely to be able to help with; it sounds like your problem isn't anything to do with the framework or code you've written, but rather the interactions of specific proprietary systems you're running on top of that framework (and, sadly, with which I'm unfamiliar; I had no idea, for example, that SuperBackflush ran on anything besides Oracle systems.)

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paigereader
Member # 2274

Well, I had to try where all the smart people are....
We have a site customers can go to to check the progress of their orders. This works off of our operation complete screen (paypoints). Customers are looking at this screen asking themselves why did they make 2 sets of hardware when I only ordered 1 door? This happens when there is a substition.
I was on a call to corp. and I said, "Really? I am I the only one that noticed this?"

TomDavidson
Member # 124

Ah. So when customers have substituted one order for another, the original order still appears on the web with no indication that it's been replaced? There's probably a very simple fix for that, provided you have access to the code.
paigereader
Member # 2274

Also, it has been programmed into our backflush to not let you exceed orginal quantity. I have to close out work orders with a substition. Any fully scanned orders with a status 88 on a paypoint are still at status 20 and don't have finished goods in inventroy. Oh, and to top that all off- parts in BOM are all getting issued even at paypoint with the 88. Good times! backflush-unbackflush-make sub- and rebackflush. I have to figure this out because no one else knows what I am even talking about.
paigereader
Member # 2274

what customer sees
Work Center Sequence Description Qty Complete Status
695002 21 PANEL CUT COMPLETE 2 of 2 EA Complete
695001 91 PANEL FOAMING COMPLETE 2 of 2 EA Complete
695002 185 BOTTOM PANEL COMPLETE 4 of 2 EA Complete
696002 380 SPRAY PAINT THE PANEL 2 of 2 EA Complete
692001 400 PACK THE PANELS 2 of 2 EA Complete

4 of 2 on bottm complete because of substution

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TomDavidson
Member # 124

Who implemented this for you? Do you have a software vendor?
paigereader
Member # 2274

See, that's the sad thing. I have no idea. (about so many things, really lol) I see this problem and then I call the help desk, give them the issue and lo and behold I am the only person in the whole corp. seeing the problem. I am the only one "this far along" in shop floor control. Really? 'cuz I am a ding-dong. What is everyone else doing?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.