FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » BB In DC...con? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: BB In DC...con?
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Alright then lets move dinner to 6:30pm on Monday (NOT Tuesday). Don't eat lunch Jhai. [Wink]
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I just found out that I'll be in DC this weekend, too. I'm moving home from Boston and visiting some friends in DC along the way. Have you all settled on a restaurant?
Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Taste of Morocco in Clarendon. Very pleased you can make it Launchywiggin. [Smile]
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Dinner's tomorrow, I'll be there. I guess we'll need seats for at least 6 people. Remember, it's 6:30pm.
Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I could come but work's gotten insanely busy and I pretty much come home and fall asleep at 7. And as entertaining as it might be to see if I really will fall asleep in the middle of dinner tomorrow, I think it's best if I pass.

Have fun though and good luck with the FSE.

Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traceria
Member # 11820

- posted      Profile for Traceria   Email Traceria         Edit/Delete Post 
Turns out I'll be working late...in Baltimore...so opting not to come earlier worked out after all. Hope you all enjoy the cuisine and company, though!
Posts: 691 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

I'll be the guy in the black hat when you guys get to the restaurant. I'll probably be a little bit late (around 6:45).
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be coming in a purple-ish dress - also probably a little late.
Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Someone better post after. Some of us are living vicariously here!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ambyr
Member # 7616

- posted      Profile for ambyr           Edit/Delete Post 
We made it out alive. Well, most of us.
Posts: 650 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*fisheye*

And you think that is sufficient information?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ambyr
Member # 7616

Hey, if you want better info, you should ask one of the live ones!
Posts: 650 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

You post a lot for a dead person.

Not enough, though.

Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
Taste of Morocco was excellent, as always. :-) I was stuffed afterwards.

BlackBlade has been instructed to not screw up his exam tomorrow.

Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ambyr
Member # 7616

It's a little-known fact that posting continues after death. Kinda like fingernail growth.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

I had a fantastic time, Jhai and ambyr are both wonderful women, and LaunchyWiggin gets my seal of approval. Anyway part of passing this exam is getting lots of sleep, I'm only getting 6 hours, so I'm off to a terrible start.

I was genuinely sad our evening had to end, I wish we could have just sat down at the park and kept chatting. Put perhaps the others felt VERY differently, I always feel like I talk to much at these gatherings.

rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by ambyr:
It's a little-known fact that posting continues after death. Kinda like fingernail growth.

I wonder if these things are related.
ambyr
Member # 7616

quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
I wonder if these things are related.

I don't think it's ever been investigated before. Here's your chance to make your name in science!

(And, umm, yeah, what they said.)

Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got home from my vacation in DC. This was my first meet-up with multiple hatrackers, and I had a blast. It was great meeting everyone and the food was tasty.
Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.