FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Last secret shipment of enriched uranium leaves Iraq (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Last secret shipment of enriched uranium leaves Iraq
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. I'm mostly lurking at the moment, but I'll pop back in to say that I'm pretty disappointed by the level of discourse here lately. Comments like that are utterly beyond the pale, but are, unfortunately, becoming more and more common here.

[Edited because the original post was an incomplete thought]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Orincoro:
As much as I dislike everything else you say, I loathe you for this- I find you disgusting, and vile for this kind of garbage.

I had no idea that ron had such reins on your emotions!
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
In fairness, I don't know that there should be such a huge distinction made between

"I find you disgusting and[/because] I find what you say vile"

and

"People who ascribe to belief 'x' are dishonorable and deranged. Oh, you ascribe to belief 'x'? Tee-hee."

That the latter is considered somehow more polite is kind of a sham.

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
god this thread is going to get locked now, isn't it. isn't it. we can't have nice things.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread was never all that nice.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
Hitler.
Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by dantesparadigm:
Hitler.

Whistled!
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
:snirfle:

What is a snirfle? I'm not sure.

HITLER!

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.