FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Work Conundrum - Sugar Free Hot Cocoa

Author Topic: Work Conundrum - Sugar Free Hot Cocoa
Traceria
Member # 11820

- posted      Profile for Traceria   Email Traceria         Edit/Delete Post 
There have certainly been stranger things, but I have to wonder why someone left an open packet of Sugar Free Hot Cocoa (partly used?) in the box with all the unopened packets.
Posts: 691 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
Clearly a clever plot by my arch-enemy. His superpower involves being able to concot extremely convoluted ways for me to have to hear the most inane anecdotes ever.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adenam
Member # 11902

- posted      Profile for adenam           Edit/Delete Post 
Absentmindedness?
Posts: 399 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
Realized it was sugar-free (bleh) cocoa after he opened it but didn't want to just throw it out.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have a coffee pot? Perhaps they like mochas, and so are mixing a portion of the pack of hot cocoa in with their coffee. I used to do that, and leave the rest of the packet in the kitchen for the next cup, but I folded the top over and paperclipped it and left it outside of the box, so no one could mistake it for an unopened packet.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Management is trying to con folks into believing that sugar-free cocoa is drinkable by leaving an open packet as an example that somebody drinks it. Since they couldn't find anybody who would actually drink it, they had to leave the contents inside the packet or have that nasty powder spread out all over the place.

Or it's possible that somebody actually drinks the stuff,* but they heard another person about to walk in on them just as they were opening the packet. Naturally no one would like for it to be publicly known that they engage in such perversion, so they quickly tucked it back in with the rest of the packets and pretended that the incident never happened.

* Hey, it's possible! Some people are just plain weird.
Okay, nobody is that weird. But hadja going there for a minute, didn't I?

[ April 29, 2009, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nik
Member # 2114

- posted      Profile for nik           Edit/Delete Post 
When I make hot cocoa (I've never had sugar free), I usually use 1.5 packets because I don't think one packet makes it chocolaty enough. Thus, half the time I go to make some, theres a half-used packet in there [Smile]
Posts: 180 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
SF isn't bad, it just isn't good. [Big Grin] We have it for my MIL, who is diabetic.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traceria
Member # 11820

- posted      Profile for Traceria   Email Traceria         Edit/Delete Post 
We've got those coffee maker things that use the pods. There are actually three of them on this floor. Anyhow, I'm kind of wondering if it's a combination of theories. Maybe someone didn't realize it was SF and left it behind or maybe they really are trying to get people to drink the SF stuff! ElJay's idea about making a mocha-like drink in combo with one of those might be the truth of it. Hmm...

I've tried the SF cocoa before, once, and from that point on always went for the "Rich" Chocolate or the mini marshmallows packets. [Smile]

Posts: 691 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to make mochas all the time in my break room. That, to me seems the most likely theory.
Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Somebody uses parts of packets of sugar free hot cocoa at my workplace too! You're not on the third floor of building 40 are you Traceria? Since my methods of consuming this drink always involve integral numbers of packets, I just leave the opened ones alone.
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.