FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Who plays FF Online?

Author Topic: Who plays FF Online?
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I think I will install it and have a free 30 days but apparantly its a game best played with friends and mine all play WoW which i refuse to go back to.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I must know: what the heck is "FF" in this context?

It's an abbreviation I use frequently for very different things. In order from most used to least used:

forward-facing (in discussion of car seats)
formula feeding/formula fed (in discussion of infant feeding options/concerns)
Foster's Freeze (when telling my husband I need some via text.)

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Final Fantasy. [Smile]
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
FFXI KQ.

Blayne, do you REALLY need another time sink? If all your friends play WOW and you already play Eve Online, how can you possibly fit another MMORPG? I just started a D&D campaign and that has reduced my WOW playing to like 3 hours a week.

Final Fantasy XI is a perfectly fine game, I tried playing it 6 years ago and quickly realized that I wasn't enjoying it beyond level 18 I think it was. Why won't you go back to WOW?

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Because its disproportionately a time sink to my friends in the time it got me to level 24 (my hunter) my friends were already level 70 and seemed incapable of reserving even 1 character to progress at the same time i'm on.

The last time I played FFXI it was on the PS2 and I didnt have a keyboard and had to manually select every letter by hand with the controller, I would like to give the game a second chance on the PC.

And I have a 30 day free trial that I had been saving for like 2 yonks and I want to use it before its void or something.

EVE-Online I've been playing less of late, my Alliance had some wierd thing to do where they needed Minmatar standing for setting up High Sec POS's and kicked everyone (temporarily) who had little to no Minmatar standing, this included me so I'm taking a little break and with my debts I'm thinking I want to make sure I have some disposable income before resuming.

Damn CCP for eliminating the ability to train skills when an account expired.

And damn you for having a D&D campaign, all the ones on my campus are full and even if I could get in one hey seem prone to only having sessions like once a friggin month. No one ever has time.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.