FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Scrubs: My Finale

Author Topic: Scrubs: My Finale
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have much to say other than "awwwww....."

I think my favorite part was when Dr. Cox turns back to Sunny and says "You realize YOU aren't leaving right?" "Oh... I didn't really think that through." I'm not sure why. In hindsight it doesn't make me laugh that much but at the time I thought it was hilarious.

Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Raymond Arnold:
I don't have much to say other than "awwwww....."

I think my favorite part was when Dr. Cox turns back to Sunny and says "You realize YOU aren't leaving right?" "Oh... I didn't really think that through." I'm not sure why. In hindsight it doesn't make me laugh that much but at the time I thought it was hilarious.

I don't get it.
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
The finale made this horrible season worth it for me. I was honestly crying during that montage at the end, and I'm not even sure why.

What ticks me off is that they promised we'd know the janitor's name before the end, and we can't be sure it's what he told JD, because of the guy who called him Tony immediately afterwards.

I'm going to continue to believe his name is John Dorian, and that that's why he's never told anyone.

But yes, Perry's response to Sunny was terrific.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I was also a bit weepy during that closing montage, and again during the wrap bits they showed right at the end. That was a good ending to the series, I thought.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I just watched it on ABC's website. That made me cry.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

- posted      Profile for IanO   Email IanO         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome. Made me really nostalgic. Such a good show. Especially like the 'what if' moment at the end, hinting at what the future might hold for everyone.

This season has just been awesome- very strong, emotional and funny. Shame on NBC for giving Scrubs the Arrested Development treatment: constantly changing timeslots, not advertising when the season starts, and finally losing it to ABC. Pretty sure I don't want ABC to let it continue, tho. It's time, after 8 years.

Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I don't get it.
...I'm a little confused why you continuously point out that you have no idea what's going on in threads about TV shows you don't follow.
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
Or why they would quote you on the first response in the thread.

They really should have just revealed the Janitor's name at his wedding. They way they did it felt forced.

Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Well, it was kind of cool how he simply answered. Because the fact is, JD never did ask him before.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
That episode was awesome, now I need to go and watch the 6 1/2 seasons I didn't see.

>.>

Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
I don't get it.
...I'm a little confused why you continuously point out that you have no idea what's going on in threads about TV shows you don't follow.
Do you mean continually?
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Dobbie:
quote:
quote:
I don't get it.
Do you mean continually?
Sometimes it feels continuous, you pedant.
swbarnes2
Member # 10225

- posted      Profile for swbarnes2           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Elmer's Glue:
They really should have just revealed the Janitor's name at his wedding. They way they did it felt forced.

But they didn't reveal his name. Some other guy called him "Tommy" as he passed by. I guess you could figure that the janitor only lied to one of them, but the simpler explanation is that he lies to everyone about his name.
Posts: 575 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by swbarnes2:
quote:
Originally posted by Elmer's Glue:

But they didn't reveal his name. Some other guy called him "Tommy" as he passed by. I guess you could figure that the janitor only lied to one of them, but the simpler explanation is that he lies to everyone about his name.
Tony; not Tommy. But yes, you're right. How much do you want to bet, though, that someone goes into IMdb and changes "The Janitor" to "The Janitor (Glen Matthews)"?
Lisa
Member # 8384

Actually, Glenn Matthews is probably right (link).
quote:
When I spoke to Lawrence about the end of the season a few weeks back, he mentioned there was a way to figure out the Janitor's name. Echoing remarks he made in a talk at his alma mater, William & Mary, earlier this year, Lawrence said that he and Neil Flynn, who plays the Janitor, decided on the character's name some time ago.

Flynn did some voice work on Lawrence's animated series "Clone High" a few years back, and in one case played a Janitor on the show. "In his head, he was playing the same guy," Lawrence says, so they decided then that the Janitor's name would be the name of that character.

According to IMdb, he was Glenn the Janitor, so I guess he told JD the truth. Go figure...
Seatarsprayan
Member # 7634

- posted      Profile for Seatarsprayan   Email Seatarsprayan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Well, it was kind of cool how he simply answered. Because the fact is, JD never did ask him before.
Yeah, but The Simpsons did that first with the nonchalant revelation of Comic Book Guy's name.

But yeah, I like the idea that is name is really John Dorian. But then again that wouldn't explain why people that were at Sacred Heart for years before JD showed up wouldn't know his name; he's been keeping it secret for a long time. Unless the first year JD showed up was his first year too... seems weird he'd start a new job and instantly walk around like he owned the place though... but then again...

Posts: 454 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
quote:
Originally posted by Dobbie:
quote:
quote:
I don't get it.
Do you mean continually?
Sometimes it feels continuous, you pedant.
I don't get it.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

Dobbie popped into the Chuck Season Finale thread to and asked what some basic premise of the show was - the sort of thing that if you don't know about, it doesn't really make sense to be lurking around in a season finale thread. And then responds to my "hey the Scrubs Series finale made me feel X" with "I don't get it" which likewise seems strange to me.

If you haven't followed a show at all, a thread dedicated to the series/season finale seems a bit premature to me.

Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] It was beautiful.

And yes, Perry's retort was hilarious I would be running in fear at that point.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Scrubs not over yet?
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Single camera is more expensive? I'm not sure why that is.

Truth is, I'm tired of JD and Turk and Elliot and Carla and Ted and Bob. I guess I wouldn't mind them stopping by as guests every now and then, but if they have to do this, shifting to other characters might not be bad. Not Jimmy the overly touchy orderly, though. And I could live happily without ever seeing Sunny again. But I like Jo. She's surly.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Probably increases necessary number of takes by a factor of 3-4.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
quote:

Probably increases necessary number of takes by a factor of 3-4.
Yes.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Huh. I remember they did a single camera ep of Mad About You. I hadn't realized it was so expensive.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup. Although IIRC from the articles I read about it at the time, that ep took remarkably few takes for a no-cuts shoot.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

It gave me the shakes at the time. I couldn't help remembering when my first born went through it.

When Tova was born, Havah refused to just let her cry, and I went along with that. The results... well, I don't know if it's a nature vs. nurture thing, but I know that Tova is one of the most self-confident people I've ever met, and I'm pretty sure that it's partly because she's always known that we'd be there when she needs us. I regret having let my eldest cry.

Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
What's with having annoying high-voiced Indian women on this show, by the way? TWO in a row in subsequent seasons, with the same silly joke defining their character?
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaisyMae
Member # 9722

- posted      Profile for DaisyMae   Email DaisyMae         Edit/Delete Post 
My husband and I noticed that each actor must have only been contracted for X number of shows this season since each was missing entirely from an episode now and then.

Did they do that every season before? I swear JD was in every episode before this season.

Posts: 293 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

Huh, that's an interesting point.
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
JD was in every episode prior to this season. As were Turk and Eliot

----------

This season was by far the worst season. I can't imagine another season being anything other than an unmitigated crapfest.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
I think this season before this was worse. Partly from NBC messing with it by showing episodes out of order.
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

I liked this season a lot, but the ONLY reason I liked it was because I thought it was wrapping everything up.
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, now that it's not ending anymore, I find myself less willing to keep watching.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.