FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Now in new Arizona Crisp Flavor!

Author Topic: Now in new Arizona Crisp Flavor!
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, after two days of packing, three days of driving, and one day of unloading, I'm finally in my new home in Arizona. Now I regret buying the black car with a black interior.
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

I can't wait to see my first electric bill. The only problem I have with my apartment is that the main room gets a great deal more of the cold air than the bedrooms (more specifically, bedroom and command center/computer room), so I have to turn the AC down to like 63 in order to compensate for the sweltering heat generated by my excessively powerful geek toys.
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome. [Wave]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome! What part of this sweltering state did you land in? There are a few of us scattered around. I'd suggest getting some fans for the rooms that don't get as much a/c and also maybe closing a vent out in the main room if there is more than one. Your elec. bill will kill you come July and August when it really gets hot. This is nothing [Wink]
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Wendybird:
I'd suggest getting some fans for the rooms that don't get as much a/c and also maybe closing a vent out in the main room if there is more than one.

This is what I was about to suggest, and I'm in a considerably cooler state.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

I'm in Sierra Vista, which is considerably cooler in the late summer months due to the monsoons that come through.

I do have one small (but powerful) fan that pushes air into the computer room as well as ceiling fans in the bedroom and living room. Unfortunately, there is no way to control the flow of air going out to the main room. I'm going to see what I can do with a little duct tape and some MacGyver like ingenuity tomorrow, though. [Big Grin]

Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Job related to Fort Huachuca by chance? Or another unrelated type job in Sierra Vista?
Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

Yeah. I'm a Security Analyst for one of the contractors here.
rivka
Member # 4859

eeek!

*ducks incoming*

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Boris:
Well, after two days of packing, three days of driving, and one day of unloading, I'm finally in my new home in Arizona. Now I regret buying the black car with a black interior.

Welcome to the burning desert! Honestly the black car isn't that much worse than a white car, so don't regret it too much. I would suggest getting your windows tinted if they aren't already. [Smile] And yes the electric bills for May are nothing compared to the ones in July and August. We're glad to finally be on a level payment plan so we won't have heart attacks opening those late summer bills.
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

Well, figured out the AC problem. The room vents were closed with no way to open them other than taking the vent covers completely off. *sigh*
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Also, invest in some of those windshield screens. White or silver only, trendy dark colors that match your car are for chumps out here. I should probably amend this statement with a smiley, just in case. [Wink]

I'm working on a project at Ft. Huachuca at the moment, the only reason I asked. From all indications I've gotten, there are no jobs there that aren't related to the base at least indirectly...

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Nobody gets my jokes.

*sulks*

ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay for AC! You should be able to pick up some new vent covers cheap at a hardware store (I noticed some when I was at the one hardware store in our town last week). I would also recommend getting a cover for your steering wheel (burning yourself on them are no fun) that won't get hot sitting in the sun.
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
Nobody gets my jokes.

*sulks*

You're too smart for us. Sorry.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Boris:

This statement on the other hand is hilarious, if only because it's probably even more true for Arizona than Utah. I can't stand having a charcoal gray car in Utah, I just...no!
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Obscure =! smart

*sad*

Boris
Member # 6935

*pat pat*

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.