FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Independent Study of modern/contemporary sculpture and assemblage art ideas

Author Topic: Independent Study of modern/contemporary sculpture and assemblage art ideas
Xann.
Member # 11482

- posted      Profile for Xann.   Email Xann.         Edit/Delete Post 
So I am applying for an independent study of modern/contemporary sculpture and assemblage art for next year. What I need now is ideas of what I should make along with trends I should explore. I am most intrested in the assemblage art aspects but I need more ideas of things I could make.

SO! Any ideas of what I should make from easily found recycled materials?

P.S. I already did the 6ft tall robot out of computer parts.

Posts: 549 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ambyr
Member # 7616

- posted      Profile for ambyr           Edit/Delete Post 
I've always wanted to see someone do tapestry weaving with cables for assorted electronics. They come in lots of shades of black and grey and beige--you could get some nice monochromatic shading going. And every computer geek I know has at least a box, if not more, of cables whose purpose has long since been forgotten.
Posts: 650 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
And have a couple actually run into lights for the eyes?
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xann.
Member # 11482

- posted      Profile for Xann.   Email Xann.         Edit/Delete Post 
I have successfully gotten myself a few boxes of wires and cables to work on an example of this. I still need more ideas though, although I have thought of a few human figures using different things, i'm having trouble thinking of materials though.
Posts: 549 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.