FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Are they releasing Hamlet with David Tennant yet?

Author Topic: Are they releasing Hamlet with David Tennant yet?
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Me wants. Seriously, we won't they release it? They'll make trillions!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
The RSC have confirmed that they will be broadcasting a filmed version of the play with all the key members of the original company. I believe they're broadcasting on the BBC later on this year.

Hurrah for the BBC! I love the BBC.

Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
I suspect it'll be on BBC2 around Christmas time.
What with all the Doctor Who publicity there will be around then, and the fact that Channel 4 had a ratings hit with Ian McKellen's King Lear last Christmas.

I'm so glad they're filming it. Apart from David Tennant, Patrick Stewart was wonderful too, and Oliver Ford Davies was very funny.
It’ll be nice for all the people who had tickets but didn't get to see Tennant in the London run - he was off sick for weeks (actually I saw both, the understudy was great, but it wasn‘t the same) to get to see the performance they missed.

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.