FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » David Carradine found dead

Author Topic: David Carradine found dead
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Link

quote:
American actor David Carradine has been found dead in a Bangkok, Thailand, hotel, according to his personal manager, Chuck Binder.
David Carradine became famous in the 1970s after starring in the television series "Kung Fu."

Binder said Thursday that the death is being investigated but could provide no other details.

sad...
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
That's so sad. That guy was so cool.
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkKnight
Member # 7536

- posted      Profile for DarkKnight   Email DarkKnight         Edit/Delete Post 
link
quote:
The Web site of the Thai newspaper The Nation cited unidentified police sources as saying Carradine was found Thursday hanged in his luxury hotel room.

Posts: 1918 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
The fark headline that somehow was NOT greenlit was "Hung Fu."

From what I've gleaned from several linked stories, it was a case of autoerotic asphyxiation.

(Oh great, so I can spell "autoerotic asphyxiation" but apparently not "gleaned". Thank you, mozilla's spell checker, for pointing out what a weirdo I am.)

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
If it was a suicide, it's sad he felt that his life was no longer worth living. It mentions he was divorced four times, that's gotta be pretty tough.

To me he is just as much the host of Wild West Tech as Bill.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Rest in peace, Grasshopper.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't heard confirmation of cause of death yet. But I was very sorry to hear of it.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xann.
Member # 11482

- posted      Profile for Xann.   Email Xann.         Edit/Delete Post 
My dad used to wash his windows in california many years ago. I am too young to know most of his work but I enjoyed what I saw.
Posts: 549 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
If it was autoerotic asphyxiation, it probably wasn't suicide -- it was like, accidental suicide.

(we had to learn about what that was in EMT training. I was clueless before that).

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Pixiest:

(Oh great, so I can spell "autoerotic asphyxiation" but apparently not "gleaned". Thank you, mozilla's spell checker, for pointing out what a weirdo I am.)

LOL

First time I laughed out loud in a death announcement thread though. [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Nobody in my office knew who he was.

Man, these people are DUMB...

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saephon
Member # 9623

- posted      Profile for Saephon   Email Saephon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] One of the most distinct actors I've ever seen. I loved his voice and personality.
Posts: 349 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a Kill Bill joke in here yet? No? Good. That would be tasteless and not even funny.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kwea:
quote:
Originally posted by The Pixiest:

LOL

First time I laughed out loud in a death announcement thread though. [Big Grin]

I'm set for the Folsom Street Spelling Bee though.

Scifi: Is Uma Thurman in hiding?

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
This made me sad. [Frown]
Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
No, but I hear she is getting married next week now. [Wink]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
That's sad.

He walked past me twice at DragonCon one year. I remember that he walked with purpose and quickly--probably to avoid weirdo fans.

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
Meh *shrug*

Warning: not really for those that are particularly respectful of the dead

Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it's probably not nice to be harsh towards the guy now that he's dead.
But the writer of the article did have a point. It is annoying when Hollywood deAsianizes things that are Asian. Kind of like saying, oh, no, Dir en grey, you'll never sell in the USA unless we replace you with these white guys.
Which just isn't right. Even in the Avatar movie that is live action it seems like they are unAsianating it. Which is a bit wrong.
Plus Bruce Lee was so cool. No, I can definitely see that fellow's point.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Synesthesia:
Even in the Avatar movie that is live action it seems like they are unAsianating it.

Now now. They're only unAsianating (and unInuiting) the good guys.

Bad guys are allowed to remain 'of color,' as it were.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw somewhere that his hands were bound behind his back. That it may have been foul play.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.