FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » How do i determine average probability? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: How do i determine average probability?
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MrSquicky:
Yeah, I get that that was your initial reason. What is your motive for this line of discussion?

I don't have [a didactic motivation]. I'm addressing comments and questions that are directed at me.

quote:
I'm not sure what comment of Tom's you are talking about. Is it the one at the top of this page?

Yes.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Samp, who seems to aspire to almost always being a jerk, but is giving Blayne problems for his posting history, not about this particular problem,

I guess if you think that my aspirations are 'be a jerk on hatrack' y'all prolly not had too many real jerks on hatrack.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by King of Men:
quote:
That I don't recall a formula is hardly an indictment of the classes.
True, but people were dinging me for personal attacks.
So you decided to disguise the next one as an attack on twinky's teacher instead of on him?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Genuine
Member # 11446

- posted      Profile for The Genuine           Edit/Delete Post 
Blayne, an easy way to do it with your typical D&D dice is this: add the lowest number (1) to the highest number (4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 20) and divide by two.

So you get 2½, 3½, 4½, 5½, 6½, and 10½.

Posts: 158 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
the reiman sums is sorta in the integration/anti derivitive portion which my calculus class didn't need to do.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
But which you, personally, apparently did need. Your faith in the overlap between what your classes teach you and what you need to know would be touching if it weren't so obviously a defense mechanism to cover laziness. And, by the way, these are not Riemann sums.

[ June 07, 2009, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: King of Men ]

Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Genuine
Member # 11446

- posted      Profile for The Genuine           Edit/Delete Post 
Who is this King of Men fellow? Why is he such a ?
Posts: 158 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
*I* didn't vote for him.
Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Genuine:
Who is this King of Men fellow? Why is he such a ?

He holds this forum's office of Captain Atheism.

Everyone's gotta have one, it has many sacred duties.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.