FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hey Chicago Hatrackers!

Author Topic: Hey Chicago Hatrackers!
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
So long story short, I'm in Chicago for a few days to visit some museums and have intellectual discussions with reasonably famous historians. I should have plenty of free time in the afternoon and evenings though, so if anyone here exists in the Chicago area, would you be interested in grabbing a bite to eat or something? I am "real", so if someone needs just one more verification, I'm your man [Wink] . But yeah, I should be here until Thursday, so let me know. I'm staying a block away from the Field Museum on Michigan Ave, at the Essex Inn. I know virtually nothing about Chicago, so I hope those locations make sense. [Smile]
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
How long are you here?
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure I'm here until Thursday morning.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Herblay
Member # 11834

- posted      Profile for Herblay           Edit/Delete Post 
Make sure that you see the Museum of Science and Industry. It's science-tastic!!!
Posts: 688 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Aww, I'm close to Chicago, but not quite close enough, alas... have fun, though!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be sure to avoid all places you are close to...
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
Possibly right after work tomorrow...I'll have to see.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

quote:
Originally posted by Herblay:
Make sure that you see the Museum of Science and Industry. It's science-tastic!!!

I spent all day today at the Field, tomorrow is the Art Institute, and Wednesday is MOSI. The purpose of my trip actually is to go to museums. I'm studying the ways in which museums express ideology and culture and good stuff like that. Minor geekage right here, but I got to go backstage to the ornithological collection and hold a bird collected and stuffed by none other than Alfred Russel Wallace. Yeah. That's right.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
One of my best friends is the son of an adjunct curator at the Field. Getting "backstage" in that museum is one of the more thrilling geek experiences ever.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.