FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Good news, everyone!

Author Topic: Good news, everyone!
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
They are back. It's about time they moved away from the made for tv movies. [The Wave]

[ June 10, 2009, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: lem ]

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
Awww yeah.
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party]
I have always believed that the return of Futurama was inevitable. It has a following at least as large as Family Guy's, and it is much better.

I believe I have cried a tear of joy today.

Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
Marty, we've got to go back, Back to the Futurama.

(hey, someone had to say it.)

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
Nobody had to say it.
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
The headline is SUPPOSED to be "Good news, everyone!"
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

quote:
Fixed it. I don't know what I was thinking.
Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
So... if Family Guy and Futurama can do it... I can think of another cancelled series that begins with the letter "F" that I'd like to see get a second life... [Big Grin]
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by lem:
quote:
Fixed it. I don't know what I was thinking.
What did it say before?
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

Something like "Futurama is back...whoohooo!!"
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so confused. What was wrong with that?

I realize that this doesn't matter and I'm derailing your thread. But humor me.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
If mostly impossible television related things are going to start happening, I'd like to petition for a third season of Spaced. But only if they can make it awesome.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by FlyingCow:
So... if Family Guy and Futurama can do it... I can think of another cancelled series that begins with the letter "F" that I'd like to see get a second life... [Big Grin]

Agreed!
Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope it's better than the steaming pile of trainwreck that The Simpsons has become.

I think the creators of Spaced have moved well beyond ever bringing it back.

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Raia:
I'm so confused. What was wrong with that?

I realize that this doesn't matter and I'm derailing your thread. But humor me.

"Good news, everyone!" is a line that a character from Futurama says often. I think it's at least once per episode.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
You may now rejoice puny earthlings! [/Morbo]

This is great news! Futurama is one of the handful of tv shows that my husband and I both love! (I, of course, even heard the Professor in my mind as I read the thread title)

[ June 10, 2009, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
"Good news everyone! I've invented a device which makes you read things in my voice."
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
It works!
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Achilles
Member # 7741

- posted      Profile for Achilles           Edit/Delete Post 
You do know that whenever Professor Farnsworth says that, something horrible is about to happen?
Posts: 496 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wonder Dog
Member # 5691

- posted      Profile for Wonder Dog           Edit/Delete Post 
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
Posts: 353 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GoodNewsBadNews
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
As soon as I saw this thread title, I heard it in Dr. Farnsworth's voice. [Smile]
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"When we brought back Family Guy several years ago, everyone said that it was a once in a lifetime thing -- that canceled series stay canceled and cannot be revived," 20th Century Fox TV Chairmen Gary Newman and Dana Walden said in a joint statement. "But Futurama was another series that fans simply demanded we bring back, and we couldn’t have been happier when Matt and David agreed that there were many more stories yet to tell."
mutter, grumble cough *Firefly* grumble, mutter mutter. [Grumble]
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

- posted      Profile for Dogbreath           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by FlyingCow:

Really? I thought 10 years was long enough for Friends. Actually, I didn't really like it very much - never watched much of it. But I hear some people say they absolutely adore it and want it back... oh well, to each his own. [Dont Know]
Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saephon
Member # 9623

- posted      Profile for Saephon   Email Saephon         Edit/Delete Post 
My faith in "revived" shows is pretty low, even if they were still great when they were, like Futurama or FIrefly. I can't shake the feeling that when such a show returns, it'll be of much lower writing quality than what fans were hoping for. For that reason, unless EVERY SINGLE cast member returns and Joss Whedon is at the helm, I think Firefly should stay over.
Posts: 349 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.