FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Remineralization Therapy for Teeth

Author Topic: Remineralization Therapy for Teeth
nik
Member # 2114

- posted      Profile for nik           Edit/Delete Post 
So I went to the dentist yesterday and lo and behold, I have a cavity in one of my molars and another possible one forming in another.

I told my doc that I brush twice a day (which is true) and that I don't drink soda and rarely eat candy (also true) and that I couldn't believe this was possible.

So he takes out the Diagnodent, the laser that measures possible cavities and it is true. He tells me that the brushing doesn't matter, that the creases in the molars where they've occured are smaller than a brush bristle and theres no way to brush that.

(I did some research and found a lot of writing on chewing celery before and after meals to actually get in those crevices).

He wants to "drill baby, drill" but I'm still hesitant.

So I do some more research and fine out about something somewhat new, at least, I've never heard of it before: Remineralization. If you slow the demineralization (bacteria eating at your teeth in an acidic environment) to a rate slower than remineralization (stimulated by using some new FDA approved toothpastes with new chemicals), that you can heal tooth decay.

Anyone here have any experiences with remineralization? I just got some toothpaste that has NovaMin in it, that supposedly helps.

Posts: 180 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
If you're an adult and you've only got one cavity, you're doing pretty well.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my first cavity at the age of 33. It was heartbreaking.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.