FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Another insane NZ laundry story! With video

Author Topic: Another insane NZ laundry story! With video
Cashew
Member # 6023

- posted      Profile for Cashew   Email Cashew         Edit/Delete Post 
This is hilarious. It's a news magazine show story about a guy who got stuck naked in his clothes dryer. I guess in the light of the rogue washing machine story the NZ media has been on the lookout for other laundry devil machines.
(Contains a couple of swear words). Very funny.

http://tvnz.co.nz/close-up/man-vs-clothes-dryer-result-stuck-2798852/video

Posts: 867 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Kiwis, man.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cashew
Member # 6023

Rivka, you crack me up! [Laugh]
Posts: 867 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Slow news day in New Zealand, I see. Does local news usually spend six minutes covering a drunk naked man stuck in a dryer?
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Cashew:
Rivka, you crack me up! [Laugh]

Out of curiosity, would it have been more or less funny if I had actually quoted you, rather than just saying the same thing?

(And ignoring that my asking this question entirely kills Teh Funny altogether.)

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nighthawk:
Slow news day in New Zealand, I see. Does local news usually spend six minutes covering a drunk naked man stuck in a dryer?

That is a universal characteristic of local news. It's not specific to New Zealand.
Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Too, too true.

Reason #679 why I avoid TV news.

andi330
Member # 8572

- posted      Profile for andi330           Edit/Delete Post 
Newspapers in small towns are just as bad. When she was in college, my mom used to post the front page stories of her roommate's hometown paper on their door. (The roommate was from a really small town.) Her favorites were the week that there was an airplane stuck in the mud at the end of the runway, and the next week, when the airplane was STILL suck in the mud at the end of the runway.
Posts: 1214 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cashew
Member # 6023

Quoting Rivka:
"Out of curiosity, would it have been more or less funny if I had actually quoted you, rather than just saying the same thing?"

Less funny, I think

paigereader
Member # 2274

- posted      Profile for paigereader   Email paigereader         Edit/Delete Post 
Where Bret and Jemaine in any way involved in this hair-brained scheme? love that show
Posts: 204 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cashew
Member # 6023

Probably not, but I'd love to see that guy guest on the show.
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Cashew:
Less funny, I think

Then I made the right call.

Excellent. [Big Grin]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.