FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Lawyer Question!

Author Topic: Lawyer Question!
Danlo the Wild
Member # 5378

- posted      Profile for Danlo the Wild   Email Danlo the Wild         Edit/Delete Post 
Is there anyone who can give me a quick bit of advice?

It's about my Unemployment Benefits Appeal trial.

They originally ruled for me, now my corporation is appealing it, I have a good case (I Think) but would like to ask someone.

Thanks,

T

Posts: 377 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have the right to present more evidence? When mine was appealed, all they did was listen to the recording of the original hearing, then ruled in my favor.

IIRC, it is really rare for them to overturn an original decision, although that probably varies from location to location.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
The most important thing is to "show up."

A large percentage of people can't be bothered or are to intimidated to shop up for their appeal trial. If you don't show, they win.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.lanwt.org/pdfs/Texas%20Unemployment%20Compensation%20Law.pdf
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.