FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Sam Raimi To Direct Warcraft Movie. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Sam Raimi To Direct Warcraft Movie.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe I didn't think about the fact that with Sam Raimi on Warcraft, we now also get Bruce Campbell in the movie. AWESOME!
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Also Silent Hill was a according to general consensus the best game->movie adaption to date.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
...and that movie got 30% on both metacritic and rotten tomatoes.
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess... though the early undead quests also involve killing droves of wolves, bats, and spiders.

The orc/troll quests involve killing boars/scorpions. The tauren quests involve killing plainstriders and cougars.

I think the ridiculous "kill umpteen of these" quests start at the Crossroads in the Barrens.

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just waiting for Minesweeper to come out.
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Raymond Arnold:

So? It was still a success. Transforms got what? 17% and is the most successful worst ratting movie in history? over 500 mil$ in profit?
Tuukka
Member # 12124

- posted      Profile for Tuukka           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
quote:
Originally posted by Raymond Arnold:

So? It was still a success. Transforms got what? 17% and is the most successful worst ratting movie in history? over 500 mil$ in profit?
Silent Hill did 46 million at the box office. There are 6 other videogame movies that did more. The winner would be the first Tomb Raider with 131 million domestically.

Of course B.O doesn't directly equal good word of mouth. Tomb Raider was generally disliked, but it had Angelina Jolie, a muscular marketing campaign, and action-packed trailers. It just opened big, before the word got out, and then it had bad legs.

But I don't think Silent Hill was very liked, either. Some people liked it, yeah, but I think you can find a lot more people who actively disliked it. It also had bad legs, just like Tomb Raider.

Posts: 273 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Tv Tropes puts it as well liked.
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked Silent Hill.

Never played the game.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tuukka
Member # 12124

- posted      Profile for Tuukka           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Never used TV Tropes, but IMDB (Which is good for tracking movie fans) has it at 6.5 and Yahoo Movies (Which is good for tracking mainstream) has it at B-.

Those grades are OK, but not genuinely good, and in the range of other videogame movies like Resident Evil or Final Fantasy: Spirits Within.

[ July 24, 2009, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Tuukka ]

Posts: 273 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
According to what? Does that mean one person edited the wiki to say so? Is there an actual voting system? I frankly suspect that the demographic that actively participates in Tv Tropes is gonna diverge noticably from the overall population. Four mainstream sites and box office results suggest it to be average at best. You may consider supplementing your info from Tv Tropes with a wider range of sites.

That said... I actually liked Tomb Raider reasonably. It wasn't great, but it was comparable to most action flicks and I can't think of anything I'd have done differently without changing the entire feel of the movie.

Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Well liked doesn't mean good either just that people liked it which is all that really matters.

Also I get most of my recommendations from Tv Tropes and it hasn't failed me yet in finding what I like to watch.

Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

Oh I think TV tropes is a great site for finding cool things, but a few times I've seen you use information from it to make points that I don't think Tv Tropes is intended to support.
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tuukka:
Silent Hill did 46 million at the box office. There are 6 other videogame movies that did more. The winner would be the first Tomb Raider with 131 million domestically.

Inflation adjusted, Street Fighter hasn't beaten that yet? And no love for Wing Commander? [Razz]

I didn't even know Silent Hill was made in to a movie...

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daventor
Member # 11981

- posted      Profile for daventor           Edit/Delete Post 
If Bruce Campbell is in it (and he had BETTER be, because there's no such thing as too much Campbell) I'd actually like to see him as an Orc. He's already a big guy so it'd work for the orc physique and plus I don't know if I could take him seriously as a medieval British-sounding human (don't know though; have never seen him in such a role so maybe it would work).
Posts: 132 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Actually I thoroughly enjoyed Wing Commander, it had some truly awesome voice actors including this admiral played by some british guy whose always in interesting roles.

Aha Jon Irenicus from Baldur's Gate!

Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Actually I thoroughly enjoyed Wing Commander, it had some truly awesome voice actors including this admiral played by some british guy whose always in interesting roles.

Jürgen Prochnow. The only thing I remember about seeing that movie in the theater is me essentially shouting out "Holy s***, that's Jürgen Prochnow! What the hell is he doing in this crap?" A long way from Das Boot, I tell you...
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.