FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Can't find a video (Mayfly)

Author Topic: Can't find a video (Mayfly)
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe it was here where someone posted a link to a video that was real, but looked miniature and stop motion. I've searched and not found it. Does anyone else know what video I am talking about?
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

Oh, it was about an air rescue.
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DSH
Member # 741

- posted      Profile for DSH           Edit/Delete Post 
This?

From the 'Fun stuff on youtube' thread

Posts: 692 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

That's it. Thanks.
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
on that page I link to some info about the technique used to create that effect. It's very cool.

actually, if you just do an image search on "tilt shift" you'll see a whole load of very neat pictures. I absolutely love how the guy used it to create video though.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DSH
Member # 741

- posted      Profile for DSH           Edit/Delete Post 
Stider

Did a little research on tilt/shift and was surprised to find it can be (frequently is) done "post production"

Gotta try my hand at 'miniaturizing' some old photos! [Big Grin]

Posts: 692 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, it's all in selectively blurring areas of the image, easily done in photoshop. In fact, something neat to do is take one of those images and cover up the blurred areas(with your hands on the monitor for lack of a better method). You'll see that the miniature effect mostly disappears(depending partly on the distance and angle of the photograph in the first place).
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

Here is one that a guy did on another forum I frequent. (Safe for work)

http://www.explorethemagic.com/Disney-World-Photos/picture.asp?image=Photos/Resorts/Grand%20Floridian/DSC_5321_tf.jpg&width=800

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.