FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Blayne & EVE-Online Rezurection

Author Topic: Blayne & EVE-Online Rezurection
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
24,000,000 skill points good good, 79 days away from piloting a Carrier or a Dreadnought semi decently 290 days to have all the required skills at 4 and a few at 5.

My friend Danomite has also reactivated his and I proceeded to reactivate at least one of my alts the goal is to make enough ingame currency per month to play the game entirely by PLEX's and Game Time Cards. His two brothers have joined the game as well as well as one of his friends and a mutual friend will be reactivating soon.

So far we are mission running and mining. Currently We're discussing our future possibilities.

I see two routes, make our own corp of close friends that make up the leadership and slowly work on expanding that and stay a carebare corp for the forseeable future albeit a very rich with billions of "ISK" in assets but probably won't do anything exciting until we have a large enough membership base to form an alliance and make a jab for "Null Sec" or unclaimed space.

Plan Beta is to as a group apply for membership in an active alliance in low security space or null security space, me, dano and the other friend with 20 mil plus skill points this should be easy to get into any medium sized alliance.

Problem is many of us seem to have widly different goals I like PVP'ing, Dano doesn't etc etc.

Oi!

For those who do not know what EVE Online is:
quote:

quote:
EVE Online is a space-based Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, created by CCP Games. Players take the role of a new breed of elite spaceship pilots - "capsuleers", named for the mechanism they use to control their ships, in a far distant future setting where four galactic empires, numerous player corporations/alliances and a number of NPC factions vie for control and influence.

Hosted on one single server, rather than dividing the player base into different 'stand alone' worlds, the universe of EVE Online contains around 5,000 solar systems, each with their own planetary system with asteroid belts. EVE's record for logged-in players currently stands at over 50,000 simultaneous connections.

Perhaps partially inspired by Origin's 'Wing Commander: Privateer' (not to mention the old 8-bit game 'Elite'), EVE gives new players a ship, a handful of credits("ISK"), and a very large sandbox to play in. It's possible to be a pirate, a stock-market mogul, a pirate-hunter, a trader an explorer, or any other profession that you can justify within the game mechanics.

www.EVE-Online.com

I really want to join the big space battles [Frown]

edit July 18: Waaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!! We got a little skirmish between our alliance and a 5 mans pirate corp, this'll be fun distracton while we move our crap to 0.0

edit July 30th: Will be leaving the aforementioned Alliance, it can't seem to handle real pvp and seemed to have abandoned 0.0 prospects the moment it got a little tough, negotating with a renter alliance of Pandemic Legion in Fountaine to join em'

edit: aug 10th

I have joined my corp to Eternus Imperium Alliance whom are renting from Pandemic Legion in Fountaine, everything is pretty good so far I got my first Gellente Carrier a Thanatos the HCCS "Isaac Asimov" and just about jumped most of my crap to Fountaine.

In a stunning moment of idiocy and truth I lent my carrier to the one director in my corp whom I don't know perosnally (though my other director who I do met him in real life and who also lives in montreal) and thankfully did not scam me of my one carrier, jumped it to our staging ground and contracted it back to me no problems, I know trust him completely now, im gonna have to meet him in Montreal soon and buy him a cup of coffee.

I intend to in a stunning misuse of strategic resources use it to rat/chain NPC ships because I can while hugging a station to stay safe. Wee!

Its like a whole new window opened for me in EVE its awesome, now I need to make 700 mil isk to pay for my accounts with ingame money, shouldn't take me long.

[ August 10, 2009, 12:37 AM: Message edited by: Blayne Bradley ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
You deleted the last thread? How lame of you.
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

It had gotten significantly derailed to the point I no longer felt comfortable with it existing. If you are reasonable this would and should, be understandable.
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
It had gotten significantly derailed to the point I no longer felt comfortable with it existing. If you are reasonable this would and should, be understandable.

As someone who considers himself fairly uninvolved in these disputes, I'd say that you are certainly not coming across as reasonable.

Unless something else happened after the last time I looked into it, all that was in that thread was some mild criticism. Certainly, it didn't seem to be something worth killing the thread over.

Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by ricree101:
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:

As someone who considers himself fairly uninvolved in these disputes, I'd say that you are certainly not coming across as reasonable.

Unless something else happened after the last time I looked into it, all that was in that thread was some mild criticism. Certainly, it didn't seem to be something worth killing the thread over.

Roughly the last third of the thread had devolved about events relating to a previous thread of no concern or relevance to the current, it is more then enough reason.

Among other things that also contributed.

Blayne Bradley
unregistered

but in other news 0.0 ratting and loot from ratting is making me some 100+ million isk a day with all the monotomy of grind but with the excitment of pvp.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Monotony + excitement = Monotement? Excitony?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
Monotony + excitement = Monotement? Excitony?

"..."

*Bashes Tom's head in, drags the body to the woods and buries him, places sign "Warning to all those who steal my catch phrase, you've been warned."*

[Wink]

I think I've watched too much Axis Powers Hentalia recently.

Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I have joined my corp to Eternus Imperium Alliance whom are renting from Pandemic Legion in Fountaine, everything is pretty good so far I got my first Gellente Carrier a Thanatos the HCCS "Isaac Asimov" and just about jumped most of my crap to Fountaine.

In a stunning moment of idiocy and truth I lent my carrier to the one director in my corp whom I don't know perosnally (though my other director who I do met him in real life and who also lives in montreal) and thankfully did not scam me of my one carrier, jumped it to our staging ground and contracted it back to me no problems, I know trust him completely now, im gonna have to meet him in Montreal soon and buy him a cup of coffee.

I intend to in a stunning misuse of strategic resources use it to rat/chain NPC ships because I can while hugging a station to stay safe. Wee!

Its like a whole new window opened for me in EVE its awesome, now I need to make 700 mil isk to pay for my accounts with ingame money, shouldn't take me long.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Blayne: You seem to have edited your first post with the complete text of your last. You might want to consider deleting your latest post or reediting your first.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Actually I edited the first post and then posted it to bump the thread, this way people can read the first post for new and then scroll down the list for discussions.
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, get a blog.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.