FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » John Hughes Died

Author Topic: John Hughes Died
Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
So sad. I love all his 80s movies. Great teen angst/drama/romance/comedy. His geeks are some of the greatest of all time. And who doesn't love Duckie? [Frown]

NY Times article

Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daventor
Member # 11981

- posted      Profile for daventor           Edit/Delete Post 
I actually haven't really watched most of his repertoire (if that's how you spell it), but Ferris Bueller will always hold a most hallowed place in my movie-loving heart.

Rest in Peace.

Posts: 132 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
At last! Home Alone can finally get the grim and gritty reboot the series so desperately needs!

Seriously, though, when I was in middle school and high school, John Hughes movies practically defined my experience. He helped document my childhood.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Looking over at imdb, the poor guy did some real dreck in his later years. Drillbit Taylor and Just Visiting?

Still, he was behind some movies that felt they were really on the young characters' sides, rather than just exploiting them to capture the youth audience demographic. He will be missed.

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
The later stuff was not so great, true, but the 80s movies were gold.
Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw Just Visiting a few nights ago, and I thought it was great! It also helps that I'm a reenactor, watching it with my reenactor husband and our reenactor friends, but the costumes didn't make me gag, and Andre was awesome.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Kira has yet another victim.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
A fark headline that was not greenlit was "Pretty In Pine."
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shmuel
Member # 7586

- posted      Profile for Shmuel   Email Shmuel         Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently he was a good pen-pal as well... Sincerely, John Hughes

(Note: contains one use of a blunt intensifying adjective.)

Posts: 884 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
That was a wonderful post about his pen-pal years, and I am glad I read it.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Molly Ringwald writes about her relationship with John Hughes
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.