FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » By the way...

Author Topic: By the way...
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Brent (ReikoDemosthenes) and I got married last week. Thanks to everyone who attended or helped organise Hatrack.ca 2.0, where we first met in person!

A wedding snapshot!

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay gettin' married! And the murder barely delayed it even!
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Since you brought it up, I'd like to just say again how proud I am that although the investigation delayed my schedule 3 hours, the ceremony was still only 30 minutes late to start.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ReikoDemosthenes:
And the murder barely delayed it even!

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Congrats, guys. You look great. [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!!!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adenam
Member # 11902

- posted      Profile for adenam           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow you both look gorgeous!!!

Congrats [Smile]

Posts: 399 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, and Many Happy Returns (I know, it's usually for birthdays, but I like it for anything we celebrate anniversaries of)!
Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Reiko looks like one of those English lords that you "know" is out to get you [Wink]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I've been wondering when that was going to happen! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you both. [Smile]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my goodness! Congratulations! I'm so thrilled for you!

Congratulations!

EDIT: Oops, I said congratulations twice. Oh well, you guys deserve it [Smile] .

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!

And while you both look great, my goodness Eaquae Legit you look beautiful.

(But more importantly, you both look happy. [Big Grin] )

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool!
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cool]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!!!! [Smile]

Murder...? o.0

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

Thanks, everyone!! It was a lovely day. The wedding was small, but we were surrounded by our nearest and dearest, and the ceremony was very special to us both.

Sadly, we are not joking about the murder. The hotel I was staying in with two of my bridesmaids the night before (because it would be CLOSER and FASTER than my apartment) had a murder happen in its parking lot about 4am. When we woke up and tried to check out at about 8:20, the police investigators were still there, and no one was allowed to leave, not even the cops responsible for taking statements. We cooled our heels for 3 hours, until they finished lifting prints from the main door and accounted for all the guests. The parking lot, where the murder was, sadly was still blocked off, so we hoofed it to the salon, who fairly threw us into the chairs, and then hoofed it to the church where we had a hilarious and comical dress-makeup-lunch flurry (20 minutes, tops), and the mass started a whole half hour late. Mad thank-yous and big tips were left at the salon, who shifted around their whole day's schedule because they didn't want me sad and un-styled on my wedding day.

When we went back two days later for the car, it was almost black with fingerprint dust, and there were still blood spatters in the laneway. I have no idea who the victim was, but apparently he was just some tourist in town for the big Caribbean festival. [Frown] Once I heard that "serious incident" meant murder, it was a lot easier to sit and wait.

After the wedding itself, we had a lot of fun taking photos, though trying to get all of our families together was impossible. Like herding particularly recalcitrant cats, I tell you. After photos, the dinner was delicious, the reception a lot of fun, and there were a lot of smiles. At the end of the day, we were married, and that's what really counts, right?

[Smile]

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Yikes (about the murder)!

Congratulations (about the wedding)!

Like ElJay, I'd been wondering about this lately myself. I'm looking forward to seeing the picture when I get home tonight (can't get to it from work).

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

*laugh* I'm surprised we had enough collective presence here to be noticed that way. But, hey, cool beans! I'm really looking forward to being able to post a better pic, one of the professional and non-squinty ones.

Edit! I forgot I had a couple in my email!

Our vows
Somewhere on UofT
Somewhere else on UofT, with Brent chasing me around a tree

[ August 11, 2009, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: Eaquae Legit ]

ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
Beautiful!

I was at Hatrack 2.0, suspected something was up from some posts later, and had Rei confirm your engagement in person at Hatrack.ca 3.0. Of course I'm going to think about it. [Razz]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!

Yikes about the murder though!!!

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, lovely! Congrats! Weddings are just the best thing ever.

Nice photos too, you guys look lovely and so happy. [Smile]

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys look great!

[Eek!] Murder on your wedding day? Scary!

Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I was aware of it because of Rei's talking about your engagement at Hatrack.ca 3.0. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have been aware that it was on the horizon, honestly.

Cool pictures, by the way! You both look great.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

Ahhhh. I expected Eljay to know, because of 3.0, but I didn't realise you had been there. Sanity is restored, lol!
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering too, and I was never at a .ca. (Alas!)

Blame my intermittent LJ forays.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful couple, there.

Congratulations, guys.

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
That's awesome! Congratulations! You both look wonderful. [Smile]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry I'm late with my good wishes, but allow me to be the first to wish the happy couple a joyous Mazel Tov.

Mazel Tov!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations on the happy event!
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wonder Dog
Member # 5691

- posted      Profile for Wonder Dog           Edit/Delete Post 
Ultra-congratulations! You both look very dashing and happy!
Posts: 353 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.