FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Early Risers Are Mutants

Author Topic: Early Risers Are Mutants
Threads
Member # 10863

- posted      Profile for Threads   Email Threads         Edit/Delete Post 
BOO YA

Why do I love to sleep in? Because I'm normal.

Posts: 1327 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adenam
Member # 11902

- posted      Profile for adenam           Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I had that mutation.
Posts: 399 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't understand the connection between early risers and only needing four hours of sleep. I'm a morning person. This summer I was waking up at 4am in order to complete my work and school day before my brain shut off. However, I also require a minimum of 8 hours of sleep, so I had to go to bed by 8.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I have sleep apnea so I need around 12-14 hours of sleep.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MidnightBlue:
I don't understand the connection between early risers and only needing four hours of sleep.

Two separate but related mutations.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but I don't understand naming the article after the topic they discuss for 1/4 of it, rather than what they discuss for 3/4.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
I have sleep apnea so I need around 12-14 hours of sleep.

Wouldn't a C-PAP machine dramatically reduce those time requirements?
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yeah, but I don't understand naming the article after the topic they discuss for 1/4 of it, rather than what they discuss for 3/4.

Hi, welcome to Headline Writing 101. [Razz]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, they're not just talking about early risers, they're talking about crazy early risers.

I sleep for about eight hours a night, but I prefer to get up earlier than later if I'm on a busy schedule because I'm better at doing stuff in the morning.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholarette
Member # 11540

- posted      Profile for scholarette           Edit/Delete Post 
I have a horrible time waking up in the mornings and falling asleep at night. Since my daughter wakes me every morning at 6:30, you would think I would adjust, but after 3 months, it is still painful. And I still go to sleep at like 11 and don't fall asleep until 1.
Posts: 2223 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traceria
Member # 11820

- posted      Profile for Traceria   Email Traceria         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I don't understand the connection between early risers and only needing four hours of sleep. I'm a morning person. This summer I was waking up at 4am in order to complete my work and school day before my brain shut off. However, I also require a minimum of 8 hours of sleep, so I had to go to bed by 8.

I was just going to say the same thing, somewhat huffily I might add! I need at least 7 1/2 hours if not 8 1/2 to make it through a day, but all my best mental time is between the hours of 7:00 am and 1:00 pm. No stinkin' four hour sleep window. I just go to bed earlier is all!

I resent being grouped with mutants. [Razz]

(This did bring to mind all the X-Men mutant persecution stuff.)

Posts: 691 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.