FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » NOTE: Kanye West is now the world's biggest jerk, go make fun of him (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: NOTE: Kanye West is now the world's biggest jerk, go make fun of him
malanthrop
Member # 11992

- posted      Profile for malanthrop           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
manathrop: Yes it's far better that we have a president who always always speaks his mind without restraint. The sort of guy who when trying to negotiate legislation is forced to talk about how much he dislikes his opposition personally. Or when a crisis hits and we look to him for strength, he assuages our anxiety by reminding us that in truth he is human too, and that he may actually screw everything up, and cause irreversible harm.

I am so grateful the media made sure that I know what president Obama's opinion regarding Kanye West is. Up until that moment I really wasn't sure how I should feel. Now that I know the president agrees with me, I love him all the more. I really hope the next few news cycles can be filled with events like this, rather than complex issues like health care or the war in Afghanistan. Those issues are so loaded and complex, that it's better if our president simply stay away from them, rather than try to deal with them head on as then we'd expect him to always spout out his kneejerk responses to every development. Calculated and considered response is far to disingenuous for our people!

Of course politicians and everyone for that matter need a level of self restraint. We have a perfect example of someone who blurts out stupid statements in our Vice President.

I'm concerned with politician saying what they think the people want to hear, make promises they cannot keep or even intend to keep. We're still in Iraq...with all this presiden't promises, we're still following the prior administration's agenda. Where's Cindy Shehan now,..not hearing much protest from Dems or Code Pink. For some odd reason, it's a non-issue. There is a distinction between weighing one's word and being outright deceptive to the public.

Posts: 1495 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TL:
I don't really have a problem with the President saying that, nor do I have a problem with it being reported. I'm not sure why that should cause any controversy at all.

There's places in the white house where reporters will agree to certain provisions on reporting and what they're allowed to report or repeat in order to gain access to these areas and functions that reporters would not normally have. The reporter made an agreement to not report off-record comments without approval, and he broke that agreement.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
"Piehole" is just a slang term for mouth. Sometimes it is used insultingly (i.e. "Shut your piehole!") but it is not in itself an insult.
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Wait, you call people pieholes?

Are they actually insulted?

Why don't you tell me... piehole!
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malanthrop
Member # 11992

- posted      Profile for malanthrop           Edit/Delete Post 
After the movie American Pie came out, I think calling someone a piehole might be offensive.
Posts: 1495 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, but out of all this we got the following observation from Kate Perry over Twitter...

quote:
'F*** u Kanye. It's like you stepped on a kitten'

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really happy for you, kitten, i'm going to let you finish, but puppies are the cutest animals of the year
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The reporter made an agreement to not report off-record comments without approval, and he broke that agreement.
The information I read was that the reporter speaking to the President was one who worked for MSNBC, but that the off the record comments were tweeted by ABC employees who improperly picked up the conversation from a feed shared by both networks. It's not really here or there, as -- whoever leaked it, it was dumb and off-putting.
Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously, Kanye? SERIOUSLY?
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
This wasn't from me, I wish I had thought of it.

BREAKING NEWS.... Kanye West interrupted Patrick Swayze's funeral today, to let everyone know that Micheal Jackson's funeral was better...

Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by brojack17:
This wasn't from me, I wish I had thought of it.

BREAKING NEWS.... Kanye West interrupted Patrick Swayze's funeral today, to let everyone know that Micheal Jackson's funeral was better...

Link
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
i saw the thing about kanyes alledged outburst and it seemed like no big deal to me.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Alleged outburst? You mean he didn't actually have one?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

it didnt seem like an outburst to me.
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Interrupting the acceptance speech of a young, new award winner, taking the microphone from her, and using the opportunity to argue she shouldn't have won the award isn't an outburst?
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps "outburst" is the wrong term. "Gross disrespect and impropriety" suit you better?
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by scifibum:
Perhaps "outburst" is the wrong term. "Gross disrespect and impropriety" suit you better?

Probly, but its about music videos so who cares?
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
People who are receiving an award for creative endeavors they have worked hard to create?
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
quote:
Originally posted by scifibum:

Probly, but its about music videos so who cares?
I'm going to find a way to send Kanye back in time to the precise moment you watched the final episode of Deathnote for the first time. You should be suitably chastened then.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.