FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » House Season 6 (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: House Season 6
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
He's a mildly creepy PI.

As for this week's ep: grah gah GRAH!!! [Razz]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
No more creepy than House, right? After all, House was his employer.

Cuddy is losing cred with me, for whatever little that's worth. Not going with House? That's fine. I very much understand that choice. But why has she started playing House-style games in turning him down?

I mean, for example. I could buy the fake-address thing being a ruse of desperation. After all, House is perfectly capable of tracking down the place and crashing it. But the whole, "I was told to invite you to have a turkey sandwich," smacks almost of cruelty. The whole, "We've broken up because of you and I can't stand you for it," thing too. Did she think she was going to succeed with that?

And finally, just how exactly did Lucas find out all (from his speech to House it really was all) the details of House's illness? Wimping out and not telling House she's dating him, I can buy that under the circumstances. Telling Lucas all about what must for House be a very humiliating bit of information under the circumstances? Why do that, if she did? Of course Lucas could've just found out on his own.

Cameron's departure, strangely enough, worked for me, because for all that I don't necessarily think Chase was wrong to do what he did, I also don't think there's any coming back from that either. Though blaming it all on House was pretty stupid, IMO, especially because he's channeled his ruthlessness into a very valuable, to humanity that is, endeavor.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Cuddy's a bitch.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
And House is an ass. Your point being that they're not compatible? [Big Grin]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Up until recently under nobody's sane definition would Cuddy earn that label. But she's pulled some stunts lately that sort of fall into, IMO, the jerkwad category. Which would be fine except it's so baffling.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
*Still holding out for either a House x Cameron or Cameron x 13*
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Cameron not being homosexual, and House not being remotely interested in Cameron, I'd advise against breath-holding.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Wow! I wonder, is this little retribution on Wilson's part just an I-got-screwed-out-of-a-lobe-of-liver-by-a-jackass action, or something more, as House says, baby steps?
rivka
Member # 4859

ACK!!! Yes, let's pressure the potential organ donor's sister. It's not like that kind of unethical business could get you SUED or anything!!!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Well, House has hardly ever been one to let fear of lawsuit stop him when the clock is ticking. Anyway, it might've saved a life-isn't that worth the possibility of a lawsuit?
rivka
Member # 4859

And Wilson's complicity?
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Wilson usually goes along with House in the end anyway, fear of lawsuit or not. And since he was willing literally to put his body where his mouth was, doesn't he get a pass on getting pushy with the sister? Not legally speaking, of course, but sometimes the law doesn't really care about the actual reality of a situation.
rivka
Member # 4859

The actual reality of the situation is that it is MONSTROUS to show up at the home of a woman whose brother just died to pressure her into signing the release. Leaving aside why it didn't bother anyone on the show, why doesn't this seem to bother anyone IRL either? I follow some other House discussions, and no one seems to be bothered by this but me.

Are we all that used to House doing horrible things, or do other people not see this as horrible?

Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
A bit of both I think, its not like House hasn't done a lot to dead bodies before in the morgue or digging them up without permission in order to.

Furthermore, there doesn't seem to be any question that the person is in fact dead from either party. No lying either, aside from the proposal to lie in order to accommodate the woman's principles.

So "wrong", probably. "Monstrous" or "MONSTROUS", on the level of capital letters as something special in the history of house? Meh.

Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
Are we all that used to House doing horrible things.

This. I am liking this show less and less as it becomes more and more about how badly House treats everyone and how everyone lets him do it. Previously, there was at least some reasoning or struggle; now he is just an ass. It isn't even justified by his work anymore as he barely seems to be doing any of that.

When you get to the point of harming patients with wrong and unnecessary procedures just so you can screw with your "team", your utility as a doctor is somewhat compromised.

Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Yeah. *sigh* And the season started off so WELL, too. Between this and the whole Cameron thing, I'm not enjoying the show so much lately.
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
I was pretty annoyed when all but Cameron came back to him. He has gone from misanthropic and cynical to sociopathic.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

quote:
The actual reality of the situation is that it is MONSTROUS to show up at the home of a woman whose brother just died to pressure her into signing the release. Leaving aside why it didn't bother anyone on the show, why doesn't this seem to bother anyone IRL either? I follow some other House discussions, and no one seems to be bothered by this but me.
Monstrous? They were trying to save the guy's life, and they weren't compelling her to give up the organs. They didn't go grave-robbing.

I would be bothered by it if it weren't driven by literal life-or-death necessity. When your buddy's dying in a hospital somewhere and the choice is between, "Comfort him while he dies," or, "Emotionally pressure the grieving sister," well, that's a pretty damn easy choice to make. For me, anyway. I wouldn't feel great about it, but then I suppose doctors doing triage on a battlefield aren't all that happy with that process, either.

So, to answer your question, since 'horrible' always must depend on context, no, I don't think it's horrible.

quote:
This. I am liking this show less and less as it becomes more and more about how badly House treats everyone and how everyone lets him do it. Previously, there was at least some reasoning or struggle; now he is just an ass. It isn't even justified by his work anymore as he barely seems to be doing any of that.
He was working a great deal in this episode, it was just off-screen. Helped solve at least two cases, I believe.

I'm not sure how the show is becoming 'more about' House treating people badly and them letting him get away with it. His behavior has actually gotten somewhat better since he went crazy-he made a pretty decent effort, I though, to open up to Cuddy, and was actually behaving well at the dance until it blew up in his face. He stuck with his buddy Wilson in spite of disagreeing in the strongest possible terms with what he was doing. He warned his buddy Wilson about his other friend, and turned out to be exactly right.

quote:
When you get to the point of harming patients with wrong and unnecessary procedures just so you can screw with your "team", your utility as a doctor is somewhat compromised.
He's done that sort of thing all along, just in service to his curiosity. This time he did it to put together his team again which would go on to save a bunch of lives.

If the ends don't justify the means now, why did they justify them before so many times?

Why wouldn't the others come back to him? Cameran, Chase, and Foreman are the only ones who knew about Dibala at all for one thing. 13 and Talb, on the other hand, have the same sort of monkeys on their back as House does. But with House it's a giant gorilla, and with them it's maybe a few howler monkies.

I really don't see how things have changed for the worse, certainly not as dramatically as you're suggesting.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.