FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Minor unimportant victory for FireFly fans NOT A BAIT AND SWITCH

Author Topic: Minor unimportant victory for FireFly fans NOT A BAIT AND SWITCH
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
I live in Pheonix, and sometimes its hard to believe that there are many geeks and nerds in town when Im not at my favorite comic book store, but the New Times has shown me Im not alone. Its pretty cool to see Whedon fans doing something other than typing thier names into online petitions asking for thier favorite show to come back, and even better when they are found leaving the house every once in a while.

[ September 24, 2009, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: AchillesHeel ]

Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
After the recent depravity thread I can't believe I clicked on this link without any hesitation. Thanks for not crushing my hopes and dreams.

I wonder if Firefly is regionally more popular in the Western United States.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
There is a Firefly meetup about once every other month or so here in Virginia, and the proceeds go to charity.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
I wonder if Firefly is regionally more popular in the Western United States.

Not especially, most of the folks down here dont care much for cowboys or aliens anymore, I think rural areas tend to produce less geeky people.
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
There's a browncoat meetup here in Chicago as well. Among other things, they do a "Can't Stop the Serenity" event once a year. This year, in addition to a screening of Serenity, they showed Dr. Horrible on the big screen. I was so bummed to miss it (Saturday early evening).
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
What a great idea! And to think, I was actually in Madison while the July 11th Can't Stop the Serenity event was going on. Next year!
Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.