FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What are you wearing? A Halloween thread.

Author Topic: What are you wearing? A Halloween thread.
Xann.
Member # 11482

- posted      Profile for Xann.   Email Xann.         Edit/Delete Post 
So I am interested in what people decided to dress up as for Halloween, and how you made the costume.

I went pretty simple and dressed up like Alex from A Clockwork Orange. Not quite straight form the movie or the book, but almost a mix of them.

Simple black blazer with slightly padded shoulders, Black shirt, bright white suspenders, black bowler hat, black military boots, and of course the large black eye lashes.

I am still thinking of what pants to wear, I am thinking most anything will do.

Posts: 549 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I am not sure, although I have some pieces that I can surely do something with.

1. Blonde wig
2. Electric blue ball skirt
3. Ice blue shiny cape with silver collar
4. White and silver Venetian Masquerade mask

I might go as Winter.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DDDaysh
Member # 9499

- posted      Profile for DDDaysh   Email DDDaysh         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just wearing an orange Halloween Shirt, but I have an Orange Witches hat too!
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aeolusdallas
Member # 11455

- posted      Profile for aeolusdallas   Email aeolusdallas         Edit/Delete Post 
This year I will just throw on some camos because I am not really in the mood to party. I really want to make a pulp action hero/ rocketman costume but I have yet to find any old style Jodhpurs for a reasonable price. I toyed with a Satyr outfit but I would have to hit the Gym from now till next halloween to wear it right.
Posts: 305 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Scarlett O'Hara (green drapery dress)
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
Super Mario

I have been gathering pieces for the costume for about a month. Ordered a hat from hong kong, bought some dickie overalls at the Andersons that is going out of business in town. White gloves from walmart. Already owned a red Underarmor shirt. Bought Bright Yellow Buttons from Jo Ann Fabrics. had the brown boots. Bought a brown wig from Kmart. and the moustache is all natural. been growing it out for almost two months.

Our party is tomorrow and has an 80's theme. can't wait!

Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
A Sandman from Logan's Run. And next year I think I'm going to borrow Jhai's costume idea from this year.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
A satan and Bunnicula. I'm working at both jobs that day. I bought devil horns, red nail polish, red lipstick, and glitter because I still have to wear my uniform. Then I add fangs and replace my horns for bunny ears. I'm wearing a white shirt and I still need to find a cape. I'm also doing rabbit face paint.
Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholarette
Member # 11540

- posted      Profile for scholarette           Edit/Delete Post 
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Tfju7ERuFd0/SuubNzzU76I/AAAAAAAAAHs/CbpcLqf9ZLk/s1600-h/Family.jpg

or just the actual blog:
http://www.aboutbin.blogspot.com/

Today we were Austin characters (Bin was Marianne from Sense and Sensibility, I was Jane and husband was Mr. Bingley). Tomorrow, if we have time to do makeup, we will be Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, so husband will be zombified and I will be Elizabeth Bennett, zombie killer (who looks the same as regular Elizabeth Bennett, but we know she has the cool skills).

Posts: 2223 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going as Kaylee, and my boyfriend's going as Cap'n Tightpants. It should be an amusing evening. [Smile]
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I've decided on Arthur Dent, cause it's last minute and easy. I figure a robe, white undershirt and pajama pants. If I can find a hand bag that would be good too. Maybe a bone in the beard. A name tag may be necessary.
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xann.
Member # 11482

quote:
Originally posted by vonk:
I think I've decided on Arthur Dent, cause it's last minute and easy. I figure a robe, white undershirt and pajama pants. If I can find a hand bag that would be good too. Maybe a bone in the beard. A name tag may be necessary.

Dont forget a towel!
Posts: 549 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Of course! And I think a book with DON'T PANIC on the front.
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Valentine014:

Are you going a la Carol Burnett, with the curtain rod still attached?
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholarette
Member # 11540

quote:
Originally posted by Leonide:
I'm going as Kaylee, and my boyfriend's going as Cap'n Tightpants. It should be an amusing evening. [Smile]

That's one I was thinking of for next year- though I wanted to make the birthday cake dress so I decided that was beyond my skills and time. Maybe next year (if I start in like May, maybe April). My husband wants to wear a suit and blue latex gloves and see if anyone gets it.
Posts: 2223 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to be re-using a costume I did a few weeks back when I went to Lebowski Fest. I've been super busy so I haven't had a chance to get anything new together, and I had so much fun doing this! Not to mention I didn't cut my hair or shave my beard in forever in preparation for this. Pictures:

The Dude and Maude
Two Dudes
The "best Dude" competition

The only thing is I just grew my beard back and have it looking respectable again, and now I'm going to have to shave it off this afternoon! Then three or four more weeks of beard awkwardness till it grows back again!

oh, for reference, for those who may not have seen Lebowski:

The Dude Abides

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
My sister and her husband are going as Vincent VanGogh and a painting of sunflowers. There aren't any costume parties around here so we won't be dressing up. In Trindad, costumes are for Carnival not Halloween.

My husband I are dancing around the house to "Monster Mash" and "Psycho Killer".

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
J. Robert Oppenheimer

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Uprooted:
quote:
Originally posted by Valentine014:

Are you going a la Carol Burnett, with the curtain rod still attached?
I knew someone would ask that! No, I am not.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xann.
Member # 11482

quote:
Originally posted by scholarette:
My husband wants to wear a suit and blue latex gloves and see if anyone gets it.

I am not getting it, my Google-fu proved useless today. What is he supposed to be>
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Firefly!
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholarette
Member # 11540

quote:
Originally posted by Xann.:
quote:
Originally posted by scholarette:
My husband wants to wear a suit and blue latex gloves and see if anyone gets it.

I am not getting it, my Google-fu proved useless today. What is he supposed to be>
"two by two, hands of blue"
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm wearing a black headband, Japanese Zen robes, socks with wooden sandals, money pouch, and carrying around a scroll.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I went as Agatha Heterodyne, and my husband went as a generic steam punk-type character.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Blue coveralls, black boots, and a red bandanna. With a hammer and a crescent wrench as accessories. (:
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
I wore a piece of paper saying "Interactive costume: Ask me what I am!" This had only a 40% hit rate, so in 60% of cases I was "Some guy who's way too old for trick-or-treat, with a piece of paper on his chest". My responses were varied:

- I'm a henpecked husband. (The whole thing was the Queen of Men's idea.)
- What would you like me to be?
- I'm an alien scouting out the native lifeforms in an inconspicuous manner.
- For some candy, I'll be anything you like. *Waggles eyebrows*
- I'm a carbon lifeform of appropriate age.

I didn't get a chance to use "I'm a serial killer scouting the neighbourhood *friendly grin*" or "I'm an IRS agent - have you been audited this year?", which were the really scary ones.

The Queen of Men had a piece of paper saying "This IS my costume. Awesome, huh?"

Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daventor
Member # 11981

- posted      Profile for daventor           Edit/Delete Post 
I was the Scarecrow of Romney Marsh (let's see how many people actually recognize that one). It really wasn't all that accurate a costume of him (especially since I couldn't wear a mask like the Scarecrow where I went so I just had to do make-up to get his face). In any case I ended up looking like some sort of evil Puritan-dressed clown. It was pretty creepy-looking, though, so I'm satisfied.
I wore black dress pants, dress shoes, a black graduation-robe-like thing over a black button-up, black gloves, a cheap witch hat with the top point pushed down and stapled so it was shorter with a squared top, and with black and white make-up on my face (white all over, with black triangles around the eyes and nose, black on the lips and scars drawn from the corners of my lips making a crooked smile-on-one-side-frown-on-the-other). So, yeah, a lot of black.

Posts: 132 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daventor
Member # 11981

- posted      Profile for daventor           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I almost forgot, I had this cool pirate-looking belt on to complete the ensemble (it was actually dark brown).
Posts: 132 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
I went as a ShyGuy.
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I know Halloween is long over but I couldn't stop laughing when I saw this.

Product Placement Fail

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.