FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day

Author Topic: Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
One word: Amazing.

I was expecting it to not be a flop. I can't imagine they'd make something that didn't do justice to the original. So I went in expecting to just not be disappointed.

But it was amazing. The music was perfect. The fight scenes were great, with some absolutely stunning images.

All in all, it absolutely lived up to the legacy.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J-Put
Member # 11752

- posted      Profile for J-Put           Edit/Delete Post 
I can't wait to see this. I absolutely loved the first one. It's one of my favorite movies of all time. I actually just found out about this new one about two weeks ago. But it's not playing anywhere near me. [Frown]
Posts: 49 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

They've been talking about it for years. Every time we thought it was coming out, it was pushed back a couple years. Supposedly there are only a few hundred copies of the movie that are making the rounds. We got lucky for some reason.

Make every effort to see it though. It'll make any Boondock Saints fan proud.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like I'll have to wait for it to be On Demand. They're not coming to Florida at all.
Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
I am happy to hear this. After watching the trailer I had all but given up on the film.
Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm conflicted about reading this thread. I was expecting this movie to be dreck, and would have gone in with that expectation only to be pleasantly surprised.

Now I'm going to go in with higher expectations, and we all know where that road leads!

Seriously though...the first is awesome. So awesome I actually used to frequent the boondock saints forum years ago. The preview for this one looks pretty decent. Though Willem Dafoe will be missed.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Lemme describe my process building up to seeing this movie.

First, I saw a preview for it on accident online, months and months ago. Middle of summer I think. Being a big fan of the first film, I was naturally stoked.

Second, I waited anxiously for the movie to come out.

Third, eager as a groom on his wedding night, on opening day I went to yahoo's movie site, typed CTRL-F followed by b-o-o-n...

Fourth, bitter disappointment and outrage towards the universe, the movie-going public, film critics, and my local theaters when the little search box on Firefox turned red indicating b-o-o-n was nowhere to be found, prompting the realization that it was a limited release thing.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

It's my firm opinion that no one who loves the original will be disappointed by the sequel.

It doesn't surpass it; I can't even imagine what that would be like. But it DOES live up to it.

I'm really hoping for a soundtrack this time.

Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Moviebob suggests seeing the first one before seeing this one if your not familiar with it.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I think that's probably a good idea for most sequels.

If you see BSII before the first one, you won't get it. You might still think it's good, cause a lot of it is good independent of the broader story line. But you won't get any of the numerous references to the first movie, and probably won't get the significance of most of what happens.

Fusiachi
Member # 7376

- posted      Profile for Fusiachi   Email Fusiachi         Edit/Delete Post 
Very fun movie.

It does not stand on its own, though. You -must- have already seen Boondock Saints for this film to function.

Posts: 433 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
It's my firm opinion that no one who loves the original will be disappointed by the sequel.

It doesn't surpass it; I can't even imagine what that would be like. But it DOES live up to it.

I'm really hoping for a soundtrack this time.

I have a soundtrack to the first movie, Lyrhawn. If you email me, we can work out a way to get it to you.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
PipeBytes is a pretty easy way to send large files.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, that's pretty nifty, Strider. Thanks. [Smile]
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Both of these movies seem to have bypassed my cultural radar all together... What am I missing?
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Something totally awesome.

You have to be at least a partial fan of gratuitous violence, but the funny is what keeps me coming back.

Destineer
Member # 821

- posted      Profile for Destineer           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sterling:
Both of these movies seem to have bypassed my cultural radar all together... What am I missing?

At least one of the worst movies of the last decade (Boondock Sts 1). Haven't seen the second one, of course.
Posts: 4600 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Ignore Destineer. That's crazy talk. [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.